Hope

Kayla's P.O.V

I can't believe what my eyes are seeing, a baby!?! Alone!?! How could it survive this world. I think someone has been taking care of it, I walked to the baby slowly in case someone was watching me, I´m not the type of girl who loves kids but I thought I would never see a baby again, there aren´t many adults left in this world, and the ones that are left are disgusting and evil, seeing a baby again brought me hope.

Hey sweetie, are you here alone? The baby giggled, I realized it is a boy, he is wearing a dirty blue onsie, I don´t expect him to answer me obviously  I grabbed him from his crib, and left the room.

I went to the storage where Calynn was, I whistled to signal her to come out, she opened the door.

Who the hell is that? Calynn asked wide eyed, pointing at the baby.

I found him in one of the rooms. I said smiling, this baby is sooo cute.

And he was alone? Calynn asked with an eyebrow raised.

Yeah, he was alone. I said, no entirely sure, but whatever.

Let´s go meet Warren. Calynn said with a sigh.

I followed her, carrying the baby, I started to rock him in my arms, making him giggle again, Calynn turned around to see us and shook her head, what is her problem? We arrived to the point where we would meet Warren, he was already there, when he saw me he looked surprised.

Um where did you find the baby? Warren asked confused.

I found him in one of the rooms, he was alone, although I think his parents are near because he no THAT dirty and he hasn't cried. I explained before he asked other questions.

Go leave the baby were you found it and the we leave. He said with a serious tone.

I'm not leaving until his parents come back. I said with the same tone.

Why not, he's not of your concern. He said with an annoyed look.

Yes he is of my concern, he's just a defenceless baby, what if his parents don't come back? I said getting upset.

You can wait for them alone, I'm not staying here any longer. He said turning his back on me. My jaw dropped, is he really going to do that? Why is he beign such a jerk?  We're talking about a baby who doesn't know what is going on.

Warren, we can´t just leave here here, Emmet would kill us. Calynn said following him, she grabbed his arm making him turn around to look at her, Warren then looked at me.

You and I can go back to the house and then send someone to come back for her, she can wait here for the parents. Warren said  frustrated. Calynn gave me an apologetic look.

I´ll be fine, it´s just going to be a couple hourr, go back to the house and tell Ray and/or Emmet to come. I said assuring her to go with Warren.

Okay, it won´t take long. She said and both of them grabbed the stuff and left, leaving me with the baby.

We went back to the room where I found him, I was sitting on a chair rocking the baby but he started crying, maybe he's hungry? I got up and put the baby on his crib, I started searching for some formula or something but I didn't find any, that's when I heard the door opening.

Is anyone in here? A young female voice said. I hasitated to answer but I did.

Um, yeah my name is Kayla I was just making sure the baby wasn´t alone. I answered, nervous. The door was completely open now, revealing a young girl maybe a little younger than me?