Kids or not kids?

Jackson´s P.O.V 

Valerie, Cassy, Calynn, Sarah and I were in my room playing charades, last night Ray told us to not get out of the room, until he comes back. The next morning Ray didn´t come for us, but we could hear their voices, we stayed at my room just in case it wasn´t safe to go out, I think there were two new girls but I´m not sure, I overheard Kayla telling Ray about Emmet being shot and other stuff, it kind of surprised me, so I went back to the girls, it´s kind of awkward because I´m the only boy there, with five girls, but well I guess the older boys think I´m useless or something, they never let me go out with them beacuse they say "it´s too dangerous" and that I´m a "kid", I know they think I´m a little defenceless  kid but I´m 14 now I can take care of myself, besides I don´t think there is something dangerous out there.

It was about  12 pm when I decided that it was safe to get out of the room, we were starving, I was going down the stairs when I heard glass shattering, I thought that probably Ray broke a plate, he´s good at that, he always brakes stuff, but then I started hearing someone cough then everyone was coughing, I could see some kind of smoke, I thought something was burning,  but then I heard another glass shattering this time closer to me, my eyes started to get teary then I realized what was the smoke... tear gas, I remember reading somewhere that if you smell the tear gas I lot of time you lose counsciousness.  Suddenly the coughing stopped, I covered my nose with my t-shirt beacuse the smoke was spreading to all the house, I ran upstairs to the room where the girls were, but before that I saw the front door opening, I saw a man with an oxygen mask and a gun in his hand, I opened the door to the room and closed it quietly behind me, putting the lock on.

We need to get out of here fast! I whispered in hurry, one of the things that I learned in this world, is not to panick.

What? Why? Sarah asked me, in a confused whisper. She was the older one of us "the kids", I don´t even know why is she with us, she´s two years older than me, she should be with Kayla, Emmet, Warren and Ray going out un runs and that stuff.

I´ll explain it to you later, but right now we need to get out. I answered her question, and signaled them to follow me.  Sarah nodded in response. My sister had a terrified look on her face, but the other girls weren´t afraid.

Everything is going to be okay Val, don´t be afraid, nothing is going to happen to you I promise, but I need you to stay strong and follow me, okay? I hugged my sister, she whispered me an "okay" and broke the hug.

Everyone take your guns and anything we can use, we have 2 minutes. I ordered everyone, I took my gun (which Warren gave to me a couple of days ago, I made a mental note to thank him later) , and a couple bottles I had in my room, a flashlight, some extra batteries and extra ammo , I put everything in a bag I heard footsteps coming upstairs.

Let´s go!! I hurried everyone in a whisper. I opened the window and signaled them to go out, after everyone was out I went out and closed the window.  We used the emergency stairs at the back of the house and went to the backyard, we jumped the wooden fence that divided the house next door from ours and hid behind it.  After maybe half an hour we heard cars leaving. 

I  think they´re gone. I told the girls, relaxing a little bit.

Who where they? Cassy asked me.

I don´t know, last night to new girls arrived, Emmet got shot by one of them, I think they got something to do with this. I told them.

What happened downstairs? Calynn asked worried. i explained them what happened and what I saw.

And what happened to Kayla and the others? Sarah asked, with a serious face, like she wasn´t worried.