Forgiveness

Emmet's P.O.V

I woke up at the middle of the night my leg was killing me again, the antibiotic was supposed to last 18 hours but I guess it didn't. I tried not to wake up Kayla but my grunting didn't help, Kayla woke up.

Are you okay? She asked me, her voice sleepy.

No. I said wincing. She sat up and rubbed my arm.

I'm going to look for some painkillers, and I think we should clean your leg again. She said standing up,she grabbed a flashlight. She was worried I could see that. I nodded, I didn't like the idea of cleaning my wound but we need to do it to avoid any infection. 5 minutes later she came back.

Okay, this time it is going to hurt a lot, last time you had the effect of the antibiotic. I have some painkillers but it's going to hurt anyway. She said giving me two different pills and a bottle of water. I swallowed the pills and I waited for them to make effect, it took a couple of minutes, the pain was still there but it went down a little bit.

Okay, do it. I told her, she gave me a sympathetic smile and grabbed a clean piece of cloth and rubbing alcohol. I took a pillow and bit it, to keep my screams silent. She started cleaning my wound, it was the biggest pain I ever felt, bitting the pillow wasn't enough so I clenched my fist in the bed sheets. She could only use one of her arms so it took her more time to clean it when tears started threatening to come out, she spoke.

Finished, it's all clean again. She said with sighing.

Thank god, i almost started crying. I said tiying to lighten the mood a little bit. She was really stressed and worried. She didn't say anything, she didn't even smiled.

Hey don't worry, I'm going to be fine. WE are going to be fine. I said grabbing her chin to make her look at me. We are a mess, both of us, all covered in bruises and cuts, but we are together that's all that matters.

Yeah I know, but seeing you like this hurts me. She replied looking me straight to the eyes. I kissed her, that took her by surprise, she thought I was going to say something, but she kissed me back, I smiled.

We should sleep. I said, I was still exhausted we slept about 4 hours until I woke up.

Yeah, I could sleep two days straight without even noticing. She joked.

That's the girl I like, the funny sweet Kayla. I said with a wink. She laughed.

We laid down again and It was a cold night so she started shivering.

Are you cold? I asked. She nodded. She had her arms crossed trying to warm up.We only had one blanket so I brought her closer to my body, carefully to not hurt her arm or ribs.

Better? I whispered.

A lot better, thanks. She said giving me a kiss on the cheek. We drifted off to sleep and we didn't woke up till next morning.

Kayla's P.O.V

We woke up at noon, we normally don't do that but with what happened we were almost dying from exhaustion, besides Emmet can't get up and my ribs are killing me. Calynn said that I needed to rest so I did what she said.

Goodmorning. I said hugging Emmet, we were in the same position like we were last night.

Goodmorning, did you slept well? He asked smiling, He has a gorgeous smile.

Yeah, well after we fell asleep for the second time. I admitted, returning him the smile.

Yeah, me too. He said sighing. I changed the subject.

I don't want to get up, my ribs are killing me. I said, yeah I'm lazy.

Then I'll get up because you're too lazy to do it. He said joking.

Don't even think about it. I said giggling.

But how are we going to get breakfast or should I say Brunch? He asked with a worried look, he's always thinking about food. I got an idea.

Raaaaaaaaay!!! I screamed, I knew he was already up, beacuse he can't stand being on bed all day. I heard his heavy footsteps coming out of the kitchen. His nose was covered with some kind of tape, it was definetly broken.

Whaaaaaaaat?!? He asked annoyed.

Could you do us a favor? I said with an innocent voice.

What now? He asked.

We're not feeling well enough to get up, and we're starving, can you bring us something to eat? I asked with the sweetest tone I could.

Yeah because I'm a waiter. He replied with a sarcastic tone but with a smile.

We promise we'll compensate it to you someday. Emmet said grinning.

The magic words?? Ray asked taking advantage of our "good kids" act.

Pleaaaaseee??? I said laughing a little bit.

Okay, just beacuse you two are too "weak" to do it. Ray said shacking his head laughing, clearly indicating that weak meant lazy.

Ray turned around and started walking towards the kitchen.

Jerk. I said in a low voice laughing.

What was that? Ray asked smirking.

I said thanks. I replied quickly, he was treating us like children, in many ways we are like children.

He went to the kitchen. Emmet and I started laughing, Ray is really like the father in this house, he always gets worried about everything, and he always complies our whims. We take advantage of that a lot, but he's my bestfriend and we've always been like this. Emmet and I started talking about holidays, it was getting cold so winter was close, and christmas was too. In almost three years now, we haven't had time to celebrate christmas, but right now things are pretty calm, maybe we can arrange something. We were talking about gifts and stuff when we heard footsteps coming our way, we thought it was Ray but it wasn't.

Oh, what's up Lea? I asked casually.

Um, I came here to apologize to you two, i know we talked about this Kayla but this goes to Emmet too. Lea said nervously. Emmet looked at me, as if asking me what to do, I gave him a look to tell him to listen. I nodded in response to Lea.

First of all, Emmet I'm really sorry for shooting you, I thought you were part of Bill's group, then I want to apologize for not being completely polite with you guys when you were openning your arms to us, and last, I want to apologize for causing your group to suffer, for something that I did. Lea said with pure honesty.

Um, I haven't been able to talkt to you but, don't worry about shooting me, you were trying to protect your friend just as I was trying to protect Kayla, then don't worry about being polite, we aren't the most friendly people in this house, we weren't polite with you so we're good with that, and I don't know what you did to piss off those guys so much, but we are all glad that you and Meg joined our group, so you don't have to apologize for that you are part of our group now, we all suffered, not beacuse of you but beacuse we were trying to protect out people. Emmet replied to her apology, it was good to break the tension between the two of them.

And thanks for letting us join to the group. Lea said smiling.

You're more than welcome, the more the better. I told her smiling back at her.

Well I'm going to eat breakfast, see you later guys. Lea said walking towards the kitchen.

I can tell this is the beginning of a big friendship.