Sadness

Ray's P.O.V

We got to the house just in time to hear Jackson's final words, he was in so much pain, I could tell by only staring at his eyes, he offered me his hand to take it in a brotherly way and asked me to get closer to him, I'll  never forget his last words. 

You've been more than a friend to me, you've been my brother, and I'll never get the chance to pay you back for what you've done for me and my sister, you showed us what is like to have a family. He looked at everybody. Please take care of my sister, thank you for teaching me how to become a better person, I love you guys, thank you for everything... 

I guess he wanted to say more but those were his final breaths, he was crying at the end, hell I couldn't help but break down right there and then, I had never cried so much in my life, not even when I found out my parents were dead, I lost my friend... my brother, tonight we had a big loss in our family, Kayla came up to me and help me stand up, she was crying too, she hugged me and we stayed there crying on each others arms, Valerie is crying hysterically, Sara is trying to calm her down a little bit, the only sound we hear is sobbing.

Kayla and I broke our embrace, I turned around to see the sadest scene in my life, Emmet was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands crying, Kayla beside him trying to soothe him, Calynn carrying Connor she is crying but the baby is asleep, Warren and Lea are nowhere to be seen, Cassy is sitting alone at the dinner table crying and the sight that broke my heart in a million pieces, Valerie hugging her dead brother's body sobbing like a little baby, Sara is sitting on the floor watching her. 

I'm starting to feel light headed, I guess this is too much I don't know what is happening the last thing I feel is my head htting the hard cold floor. 

Emmet's P.O.V 

I raise my head to see how Ray falls down unconsious his head hitting the floor hard, Cassy is by his side in seconds, she checks his pulse and sighs in relief, everyone else is where they where, it's not that we aren't worried about Ray it's just that everyone is exhausted from crying, from fighting ,from everything. 

Can someone help me get Ray to his bed? Cassy asks. I turn around and I see everyone es busy ignoring her or crying so I stand up and walk to Cassy, I pick Ray up and carry him to his bedroom upstairs. 

Thanks. Cassy says as I drop Ray in his bed, I nod at her and walk out of the room.

I don't want to back to the living room so I walk to my room and lay down in the bed. I look up to the ceiling and just stare at it. I can´t help but blame myself for Jackson's dead, If I didn't let him go,along with the other "kids" this wouldn't have happened, he would be alive and so would Meg. That was the plan, leave the kids safe here in the house and get our people back at any cost, but he begged me to let him go, no one knows about this except me.

Flashback

"Oh come on Emmet, please let me go!! I swear I won't do anything stupid" Jackoson begged me.

"I said No, it's too dangerous for you to go, besides I need you here to take care of the others while I'm back"  I told him.

"They can go with us too, they won't fight, they can wait in the car or they can hide till we are finished and then we all come back to the house" he continued.

"I can't assure everyone is coming back to the house Jackson and you know that, it's too much of a risk taking you with me"  I tried to convince him.