Chapter 22: Honey I'm Home

The next morning wasn't as awkward as Bex expected it to be. Even with Lyssa in her head, things were normal. Bex made her way to school and Lyssa met her at the front steps. They walked in together.

"Freak o'clock!" Monroe called.

Lyssa rolled her eyes and ignored him.

Bex glanced towards Joan, but Joan seemed to be her usual self. As if Bex hadn't flat out rejected her a few days earlier. Mike was trying to finish his homework, Jaden sighed and stared at Darci's empty seat. She was sitting with Aron.

'Just be normal,' Bex thought to herself.

Lyssa snorted in amusement.

'Can you not make commentary on my thoughts?' Bex glared at her.

'What? I didn't say anything,' Lyssa smirked at her.

Bex rolled her eyes.

Joan eyed the two as they approached the table, it was obvious they were having a silent conversation and that they were closer than ever. She glared at Lyssa.

'Ugh, look at her stupid face,' Lyssa narrowed her eyes.

'Don't you dare start,' Bex shot her a look.

'What? Don't like it, stay out of my head.'

"Ugh!" Bex groaned out loud as she sat at the table.

"Morning," Mike said without looking up.

"Hey, what did I miss?" Bex asked.

"Darci ditched us," Jaden sighed.

"You should just tell her how you feel," Bex pushed.

"No thanks considering that didn't work for you and Joan, I bet it won't work for me either."

'God, why did he have to bring that up,' Bex cringed.

'Seriously, ew, no one wants to think of that,' Lyssa agreed.

Bex once again shot her a look.

'You started it,' Lyssa pointed out.

Bex sighed before turning to Joan.

"Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean you shouldn't try," Joan said to Jaden.

"I don't know," He averted his gaze.

Monroe whistled as what people assumed to be some new student walked into the school.

Lyssa stood up abruptly once she got a look at who it was.

'What's she doing here!?' Bex and Lyssa thought at the same time.

Bex instantly recognized her as the hot blond beauty from the painting. Better known as Lyssa's ex-girlfriend, Lacy. She was even more breathtaking in person. She had big bouncy blond hair, a couple of ringlet curls on either side of her face. Her blue eyes were so ice cold-looking, Bex got a chill when Lacy glanced at her. She wore a white girly dress and heels that made a clacking sound as she walked towards them.

Everyone in the cafeteria turned to watch the blond walk over to them.

Lyssa walked towards her and met her halfway.

The two quickly ensued into a whispered argument.

Bex rubbed her temples as Lyssa's thoughts and emotions screamed at her. Her thoughts ranged from cursing out the girl to admiring her appearance and remembering the happier times that they shared. Her emotions went from confusion to fear, anger to heartache, and then frustration.