Chapter 12: Strictly Professional

Bex was surrounded by black rose petals as she laid on those red velvety sheets. Lyssa leaned over her, kissing her softly on the neck. Bex let out a shaky breath and closed her eyes tight, clenching the bedsheets in her hand.

"Lyssa," She moaned.

Lyssa pulled back and looked into her eyes. Bex stared into the mysterious Chartreuse eyes, and when she blinked the eyes were blood red. Bex stared at her plump black painted lips, her mouth-watering at the sight.

"Kiss me," Bex begged.

Lyssa leaned in, her lips grazing Bex's when...

Bex shot up in bed, her heart racing from her steamy dream. The sun just barely peeked through the curtain, giving the room a soft glow. Her eyes darted around the foreign room, but she found herself alone. Thank god for that, Bex knew she mumbled in her sleep. No telling what Lyssa would have heard.

With an embarrassed groan, Bex ran her hand down her bright red face. She pushed the covers aside with a huff and slid out of bed. The bedside clock read 6:19 AM.

"Too early!" Bex complained out loud.

She stretched and yawned before she slowly padded out into the hall, walking aimlessly. She didn't have the first clue about where to go or how to navigate the large house. Lyssa's room was on the second floor and there was a grand staircase that led down to the ground level of the house. A whole floor she had yet to explore. Not to mention the basement and the rooms on the upper floor she still hadn't seen.

"Lyssa?" She called out.

"In here!" Lyssa called back.

Bex grabbed the stair railing and walked down the stairs one at a time. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes before following the voice into what looked to be an art studio. Her eyes took in the many canvases laid around with sketches on them. Paint tubes were lying in a box. Clay sitting in the corner. It just had a very artsy feel to it.

"Whoa," Bex's eyes went wide as she stepped into the room.

"Good morning Rebecca, although it is still a bit early for you isn't it?"

Bex turned to Lyssa who was sitting on a stool, her eyes trained on the painting she was working on. She had on an apron covered in paint splatter and smudges. In her hand was a thin paintbrush which she used to dot paint into the desired spots, very meticulously.

Bex moved closer to get a better look.

"I'm afraid I'm not a very good cook. Although you will find that the kitchen does contain food for you. I go grocery shopping once a month to seem normal. It helps divert suspicion from me." Lyssa's natural tone came through strong as she spoke, her eyes never leaving her art.

"What are you doing?"

"Don't ask stupid questions, I am painting."

"What are you painting?" Bex frowned.

"I'm not sure yet. I am just letting my hand act on its own." She said in deep concentration.

"Oh," Bex rocked back and forth on her heels.

Lyssa sighed and set her paintbrush down before turning to Bex.

"I suppose you want me to feed you then?"

Bex smiled.

Lyssa sighed once more before getting up and taking her apron off. She left the painting and walked out of the art studio, expecting Bex to follow her. Bex did follow her, but before she could leave her eye caught a painting sitting in the corner of the room halfway uncovered.