Chapter 9: Obey or Else

Bex was plagued with nightmares that night. Like some tragedy, she watched it all play out in her dream. They were on a rooftop, her, Lyssa, and Joan. Lyssa and Joan were fighting, trying to kill each other. Bex begged them to stop, but they could not hear her for some reason. Lyssa's shirt had been ripped off, revealing her scarred torso. In her dream, she ran in to stop Joan, but Joan pushed her, and she fell off the roof. Right before though, she had watched Joan plunge a stake right through Lyssa's heart.

Bex shot forward in bed, gasping for air. Her eyes darted around the room in a panic and she jolted back in bed when she found red eyes glowing back at her.

"Lyssa?" Bex clung tightly to her blanket.

Lyssa got up from her perch on the edge of the bed and crawled on top of Rebecca.

"Were you watching me sleep!?" Bex said in alarm.

"Silence," Lyssa ordered.

No matter how hard she tried to say something, Bex's body wouldn't obey her. She was under Lyssa's control now. Lyssa slowly pushed her down on her back before sinking her fangs into her neck.

Bex let out a soft moan of pleasure as that familiar heavenly feeling washed over her.

Her eyes fluttered close as Lyssa took in small gulps, savoring every drop. Lyssa shuddered as she could feel her body warming up with Rebecca's blood, reviving sensations she hadn't felt since she was alive. Lyssa would be lying to herself if she said she wasn't becoming addicted to Rebecca's blood.

Bex let out a sigh of pleasure when Lyssa pulled back, doing that thing that Bex secretly loved and flicking her tongue over the small holes one last time for good measure. For a moment neither girl moved, both of them trying to catch their breath.

Their lips were less than an inch apart and Bex couldn't help but stare at those plump inviting lips.

"You may speak again," Lyssa said softly.

Though she had her voice back, Bex was still speechless. Her body all hot and bothered.

Lyssa watched in fascination as the holes quickly healed up without a trace that anything had ever happened. A single drop of blood seeped out of the wounds in the process. Without much thought, Lyssa licked it off Bex's neck. Goosebumps rose on Bex's skin as she felt the soft touch of Lyssa's ice-cold tongue.

"I thought you were mad at me?" Bex finally broke the silence.

"I am, but that doesn't mean I won't drink from you when I please."

Bex frowned at her.

"Don't pretend you don't enjoy it as much as I do," Lyssa pulled back.

Bex averted her gaze as her cheeks heated up.

"Sleep tight," Lyssa moved to whisper in Bex's ear. "My Rebecca."

Then like always she was gone in an instant.

The papers on Bex's nightstand blew off and her curtains swayed back and forth. Bex could do nothing to hide her pink cheeks as she turned over in bed.

"Stupid vampire," she mumbled before closing her eyes and falling asleep once more.

The next morning Bex stopped short of walking over to her usual spot. She could see her friends there, but she could also see Joan. As if Joan could sense her gaze, their eyes locked. Bex took a deep breath for confidence before putting one foot in front of the other and eventually sitting down at the table.

There was a long moment of silence.

"Can we talk?" Joan asked.

Bex opened her mouth to say yes when the awful throbbing returned full force.