Chapter 13: A Friend Date

"What do you think?" Abby spun around in front of her sister.

Abby and Bex were practically twins. Both girls were of average weight, although Bex was a tad bit more toned in her legs due to Band. Abby's hair is dark brown, unlike her sister's sun-bleached almond brown hair. They both had their dad's hazel eyes and their mom's heart-shaped face. The main difference between the two is that Abby is slightly shorter than Bex, other than that the differences are minor.

The two were getting ready for their double date at the carnival. Abby wore blue jeans and her new fur boots that their grandmother had given her a few days ago. She had on a long-sleeved grey shirt and a baggy yellow cardigan. Her straightened hair fell just past her shoulders and her makeup was simple and showcased her natural beauty.

"You look great, and me?" Bex also did a twirl.

"What does it matter? She's already your girlfriend," Abby smirked.

"Just humor me," Bex frowned at her.

Bex had on purple skinny jeans and black leather combat boots. Her hair was pulled up into a neat ponytail, she was sure to slick back any flyaway hair. She had on a plain black t-shirt and a leather jacket with a purple scarf hanging loosely around her neck.

"You look fine, come on!" Abby grabbed her sister's hand and dragged her downstairs.

All week Bex had been trying to get Lyssa to warm up to her. Lyssa proved resilient. Bex took it as a personal challenge, she needed something to keep her mind off the fact that she wasn't talking to her usual friends' thanks to Joan. She was dying to talk to them about Lyssa, not the vampire part, just the Lyssa part. Of course, she still wasn't ready to face Joan yet. The betrayal was still fresh and still stung when she thought about it for more than a few seconds.

"Ready girls?" their dad asked, he was their ride.

Rory agreed to meet Abby there and take her home later, the same could be said about Lyssa.

"Yes! Let's go! Rory just texted me he's almost there," Abby pushed her dad out the door.

"Okay, okay," he chuckled.

"Shotgun!" Bex called out as she raced her sister to the passenger seat.

Abby pouted at her defeat but quickly jumped in the backseat, eager to go on her date.

Bex felt her stomach flip around as she was only moments away from going on a date, well sort of a date, with Lyssa. They two would be alone together with nothing to talk about. Bex bit the inside of her cheek. What if Lyssa was a stick in the mud and refused to have fun? What if Bex said something that set her off again? What if...

Bex thought about her dream and felt her cheeks warm up. Her heart raced in anticipation and her leg shook impatiently as she sat silently in the car. Soon she was going to be alone with Lyssa and they were going to have fun, she was determined.

Bex's dad went on about rules and curfews and whatnots the whole way there. Neither girl paid him much mind. When they finally got there Abby said a quick goodbye before squealing and running out of the car to the ticket booth.

"Keep an eye on your sister," Bex's dad sighed.

"I will, bye dad," Bex kissed him on the cheek before getting out of the car.

The two girls quickly paid to get in and it wasn't long before Bex found herself alone. Abby having run off to have fun with Rory. Bex glanced around for Lyssa but when she didn't see her, she pulled out her phone to call her.

"Yes, Rebecca?" Lyssa sounded nonchalant when she answered.

"Hey, where are you? I'm at the carnival."