iii. long time no see ( part 2 )

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀::  iii

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
:: iii. | long time no see ( part 2 )

Brooke and Chad got off the plane and immediately started to head to baggage claim. They had to wait about a good five to ten minutes before retrieving their luggage. After that, they were on their way out the airport. As they kept getting closer and closer to the exit, Brooke saw a familiar face.

"Peyton! You didn't have to come." Brooke approached her best friend. They shared a hug, before pulling away.

"I wanted to be the first to hug you." Peyton smiled. As Peyton and Brooke were lost in conversation, Chad approached from behind.

"Do i get a hug?" Chad spoke.

Peyton knew who it sounded like, but she just wanted to make sure, so she turned around. "Chad." Was all she could get out. Her expression was indescribable.

"Hey, Sawyer." He had his hands in his pockets.

.

.

Everyone was at Haley and Nathan's house as they waited for Peyton and Brooke. No one knew about the guest Brooke had brought with her, so this was obviously going to be interesting. As in everyone, Lucas, mouth, and skills.

They all were scattered around the kitchen and living room. As soon as they heard the knob turning, Jamie ran to the front door.

Peyton opened the door and Jamie jumped into her arms as she picked him up. As she walked in, Chad and Brooke did as well. All of them walked into the living room. Chad and Brooke greeted everyone. Some of them were surprised to see Chad cause they didn't know he was coming.

As time passed, the girls were inside while the boys were outside.

"So, what you been up to man?" Nathan ask Chad, while they had beers in hand. Lucas though, he was playing with Jamie. Till this day, Lucas and Chad can't stand each other. They were never able to see eye to eye & they also were in love with same two girls.

Chad sipped his beer before responding, "Nothing much. Just been in LA, working."

"You mean shacking up with Brooke." Skills corrected him and the guys chuckled.

Chad glanced at Brooke through the glass door then turned back to the guys, "Trust me we're not. She didn't dig me in high school. She doesn't dig me now." He lied.

As the boys talked, the girls were reconnecting as well.

All Brooke could think about in that moment was Peyton. She
hasn't seen her in years and now, she just feels like she's lying to her about Chad. Brooke fidgeted with her fingers as anxiety kicked in.

"Hey, are you ok?" Haley notice.

"Yeah, just excited about being back." Brooke smiled. Haley returned the smile and the guys came back in, along with Lucas and Jamie.

.

.

.

"So that was nerve racking." Brooke mentioned to Chad as they walked into their hotel room. Chad closed the door behind them.

"Yeah, you sure you want to go to this dinner tonight?" Chad was concerned about Brooke. When it came to risky situations about her friendship with Peyton, she would get all antsy.

Brooke nodded, "Remember, we're just friends. So no longingly looks, small glances, touching. Ok?"

Chad made his way to Brooke as she waited for his reply, "If I'm seeing this correctly, we're alone now." He smiled. He reached his hand out for her's, which she gladly took. He pulled her closer and planted a kiss on her lips.

.

.

.

Lucas was helping Haley set up the table for dinner. His head was flooded with memories from high school and Peyton. All he could think about was how she must be feeling and how big of an ass Chad is.

People always thought they hated each other cause over peyton, but that's not necessarily the whole case. Surprisingly, Chad and Lucas were once friends. They hangout, play games, what guys do. Before it was just Haley and Lucas, it use to be Haley, Lucas, and Chad. That was until high school came.

Knowing that Nathan and Lucas were brother and that Lucas hated Nathan, Chad befriend him. Lucas saw that as betrayal. After that, he hated Chad as well. With Haley, she just thought it was a wrong move on chad's part but they still stayed friends. Then this is when Peyton came into the picture.

Chad started developing feelings when Lucas and Peyton started dating. He never told anyone though. He didn't want to hurt Lucas anymore than he already did. He knew if anyone knew, then it would be just as bad. When Lucas and Peyton broke up, Chad didn't see that as him hurting Lucas more. He just saw it as Peyton is single and he's interested in her, so he's going to make his move and that's what he did. When Lucas found out, he just saw it as another sign as betrayal.

Lucas shook his head and erased those thoughts out his mind. Moments later, the door bell rang, Chad and Brooke had arrived.

Lucas hugged Brooke and just skimmed over Chad. Chad scoffed and purposely pushed passed Lucas, bumping into his shoulder.

"Please tell me this is not about high school?" Brooke questioned as she saw the tension between her ex and current boyfriend.

"I don't blame Lucas. Chad betrayed him just like he did me. Honestly, I feel bad for any girl who gets with him." Peyton commented.

Brooke said no longingly looks, but that's exactly what she did. She looked at Chad with her head tiled as Peyton spoke. She wasn't sure what Peyton was walking about. Considering, she just told him she loves him— she doesn't want to know something that could possibly ruin that.

She made her way to the table as did everyone else and dinner was about to start.