iv. truth or truth

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀::  iv

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
:: iv. | truth or truth

They all were sitting down eating dinner. Jamie was upstairs in his room with his bunny Chester. They were all reminiscing on the past. They shared laughs, stories, you know just catching up. Everything was going smoothly until Lucas decided to make a sly comment towards Chad.

"I'm sure you were just waiting to get that out." Chad looked at Lucas with a smirk, "But please, go on. I love to hear about how I screwed you over."

There was tension. Everyone saw it. Lucas and Chad not breaking eye contact. Someone was going to throw hands tonight, they just didn't know who would get the first punch.

"Luke, don't." Haley, gripped Lucas' arm.

Lucas snatched his arm out of her grip and abruptly stood up, "No, he's right. Let's settle this! After like what? Seven years, we can finally clear the air!"

Chad shoved his chair back as he angrily stood up too. Brooke got up and had walked over to her boyfriend. She got close to him to whisper in his ear, "Please don't do this. You are better than this. Be the bigger man."

Peyton watched at Brooke tried to talk him down and the way she was close him, Peyton had this weird feeling Brooke wasn't telling her something.

Chad's hands had formed into fists. As much as he wanted to listen to Brooke and do the right thing, he was done playing the bad guy. He hated how Lucas can just go on about and pretend he did nothing wrong.

"I find it funny how you made me out to be the bad guy, when you're not so innocent yourself." Chad crossed his arms. Everyone then turned their heads to Lucas and gave him a look as in what the hell is Chad talking about?

Lucas scoffed, "I did nothing to you."

The truth was about to reveal itself. Chad glanced at peyton, then looked around at everyone else. He assumed they were waiting for him to say something and he did, it just wasn't what they expected. "You know what, you're not worth my time. I'm going to be the better man." And with that, he left the dinner table and headed out the door.

.

.

.

Everyone had just left. Peyton thought she would help Haley clean up while Nathan put Jamie to bed.

"So that was awkward." Peyton made a comment about the dinner as she carried some of the plates to the sink.

"You think after seven years they'd at least be civil." Haley said while washing the dishes.

Peyton brought the last few dishes to the sink and then wiped down the table. After helping Haley, she decides to go to Tric. Once she got there, she saw it was still open. It made sense, it was only around ten pm. She walked up the stairs and walked into the bar. As she walked through the crowds, she saw Brooke sitting by herself with a cup in hand.

She walked on over and sat next to her best friend.

"Glad to see a friendly face." Peyton spoke, as she waved down a bartender.

"Yeah, well— I can't find Chad. He's not here." Brooke replied, in a groggy tone.

"Why do you care?" Peyton let out a slight chuckle and the bartender made his way to her. Peyton requested her drink and as always, the bartender delivers. The bartender placed her drink in front of her.

"Contrary to your belief, Chad and I had gotten close over the years. So yes peyton, I care." Brooke emphasized on care.

.

.

.

Chad was at the river court. That was the place that always made him feel better for some reason. It's where he could collect his thoughts and think about his life choices. He knew what he had done to his relationship with Lucas and Peyton. He cared.. but not enough. It would be an understatement to say he regretted it, which he does. He just didn't care.

His hands were in his pockets as he stood in the middle of the court, looking up at the stars. People would tend to think he would wind up at a bar when he's angry or sad, but no. He would end up at the river court. The people who think that, they apparently don't know him at all.

His eyes were glued to the sky. He let everything go. His anger, regret, sadness. He closed his eyes for a split second and what he heard... was the best sound. And that was no sound. It was just peaceful, which you can't find in LA. Trust me, he's tried. That moment, he remembered why Tree Hill will always be his home. There's nothing like a good, cool, starry night out in Tree Hill at the river court.

He soon fluttered his eyes open. As he stayed looking up, he heard footsteps coming his way. He then looked in that direction and who he saw, well— he wasn't expecting.

"What are you doing here?" He narrowed his eyes at the figure who was walking towards him.