xxxiv. heart made up on you

________________________________________

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
::  xxxiv. | heart made up on you

Chad woke up to the sound of the front opening and closing. He immediately shot up and jumped off the bed, hoping it was Peyton. He made his way out the room and to the door, he was right. There stood the girl of his dreams, who was slipping through his fingers and he didn't know what to do except be honest with her.

"Hey..." Peyton spoke softly as she walked around Chad to the kitchen.

He quickly turned around to her, "I was worried last night. I get you are mad but I still want to know if you were safe."

Peyton loved that most about him. Even if he did something wrong, he still cared and worried. A majority of the time, Peyton wonders what she done to deserve a guy like Chad. He's kind, caring, loving, proud, determined— and all she ever did was hurt him, yet he still found a way to love her. She still didn't understand it until this very moment . . .

She is his first love.

"I was at Haley's. I was ok. And Chad . . . " She made her way over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, "I love you so much. It's ok if you have feelings for Brooke still, I can accept that."

He placed his hands on her waist, "I love you too and nothing's going to change that. I chose you, you're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. The one I want everything with."

He unwrapped her arms around him and took her hand in his. He guided Peyton back to the bedroom and had her sit down on the bed. The nightstand next to him, he opened the drawer and pulled the ring out. That's where he kept it until Peyton and him figured it out. He wasn't going to repurpose but he did get on one knee and slid the ring back on her finger.