xlvii. day of wedding: reception ( part 2 )

________________________________________

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
::  xlvii. | day of wedding: reception ( part 2 )
( flashbacks will be in italics )

Everyone made their way over to the reception as well as did the newly weds. As soon as they walked through the double doors, everyone began clapping. It was amazing, the happiest feeling.

"Mr and Mrs. Donovan, everyone! Now the couple is about to share their first dance!" The dj announced as Peyton and Chad made their way to the dance floor. Once their feet stepped on the brown tiled floor, the song began— their song, Back To You.

It wasn't necessarily a slow song but good enough to not move around a lot. It was a good pace where they could just stand and sway back and forth. Eventually, everyone joined in on the dance floor. Some of their friends bombarded them as in Chad was now dancing with his sister and Peyton was dancing with Nathan.

Soon enough the married couple took a breather at their table while people kept dancing. Ashely soon came and sat with them as well but was pulled back on the dance floor by Logan. As they danced together, Ashely's eyes landed on Rachel— whom she hasn't seen in two years. The time that was, was when she was in the hospital.

Once the song was over, Ashely parted ways with Logan and made her way over to rachel where she sat at the bar.

"Don't know why I'm surprised you actually showed." Ashely sat on the stool next to rachel.

Rachel placed the shot glass to her lips, before swallowing them placing the glass back down. "I still consider Chad family."

"Hm." Ashely sat there for a moment before continuing, "Anything new with you?"

Rachel turned to the blonde, "No need to make this awkward but Chad isn't the only reason why I came."

Ashely sucked her teeth, "I had a hunch. There's always more that meets the eye."

"You know what they say about wedding sex." Rachel chuckled.

"That's if they're single." Ashely retorted, trying to read where Rachel was getting at.

"It's a good thing I am." Rachel slightly smirked, "Anyway . . . " Rachel stood up, "After this I'll be at my hotel. Here's the address. If you're there by eleven, I'll tell you everything. If not, I get it."

Ashely glanced down at the address that Rachel scribbled on a napkin, "Why does this sound so cryptic and sketchy?"

"Relevant questions. I guess you'll just have to come and see." Rachel then walked off, leaving ashely to wonder and strongly think about her life decisions.

• • •

Lucas and Peyton were engaged in conversation when his phone began to ring in his suit pocket. Peyton understood as he got up and left the table to go somewhere quiet to speak to whoever was on the other line. Once he was out in the hall, he answered the phone.

"Hello?" Lucas spoke with a suspicious tone.

"Is this Lucas scott?" The person asked.

"Who's asking?" Lucas was obviously being cautious.

"This is doctor Shore. I work with Teressa Nelms. We need you to come in. It's important." The doctor sounded quite serious.

"Is everything ok? I'm at my friend's wedding right now." Lucas wasn't sure of what to say. He was confused as well, he didn't know what was going on.

"It's best not said over the phone, son." You could hear it in the doctor's tone that he was dreading whatever it was he had to tell Lucas.

Lucas caved in, "Ok. I'm on my way."

• • •

The party continued after Lucas left. It continued all the way until around 10:30pm. Everyone was already slowly leaving once 9:45pm hit but by 10:30, there weren't many people left. It was mostly just the bride, groom, Ashely, Nathan, Haley, and Logan. Eventually, they all left back to their homes.

Ashely had told Logan she was going to make a little detour and well, considering the time, we all know what detour that was.

Anyway, Chad opened the door and carried Peyton in bridal style. He carried her all the way to their bedroom which was a straight shot. He placed her down and immediately took her in his grasp, placing a kiss on her lips.

"Welcome home, Mrs. Donovan." He mumbled after the kiss broke.

Peyton just giggled, "I like the sound of that. Mr. Donovan, could I get some water?"

Chad placed one more but quick kiss on Peyton's lips before heading out the room to the kitchen to get his wife a glass of water. It was pretty quick, didn't take that long. He went to the cabinets and got a glass. Then went to the sink and rinsed it out before going to the fridge and pouring water. He didn't think it took long but when he got back to Peyton, it seemed as if an eternity had passed.

The glass immediately slipped out his hand as his heart dropped from his chest. But he took no second to run by her side. His head was spinning. Everything was happening so fast. He knew this was coming, he just didn't know when or how soon. He knew if he called the police, it would take a minute to get there and well, he didn't have that time. Time was very valuable in that moment, so he took matters into his own hands.

He picked her up. Once again, bridal style. He carried her out to the car and drove as fast as he could to the hospital. Once he stepped foot on that white tile floor, doctors immediately came to his aid. Peyton was placed on a gurney and rolled wherever the doctors took her. As he watched her get rolled down the hall, then through the double doors— his eyes wandered and they landed on Lucas who was talking to a doctor. He was confused because he hadn't made any calls yet, so why was Lucas there? If not for Peyton, then who?

 He was confused because he hadn't made any calls yet, so why was Lucas there? If not for Peyton, then who?

a/n:
well then, this is
getting sad ):