xlviii. til death do us part

________________________________________

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
::  xlviii. | til death do us part
( continuation of Day of Wedding:
Reception ( part 2 ) )

Chad continued to observe the conversation between a doctor and Lucas. Once the doctor walked away, Chad made his way over to Lucas.

"Luke, what are you doing here?" Chad felt like he was dying as well. He could barley speak.

Lucas avoided the question, "It's Peyton isn't it?"

Chad slowly nodded and Lucas just hugged him. Whatever he was going through, he set it aside for Chad. He pulled away and told Chad he was going to make some calls as in Haley, Brooke, Ashely and whoever else.

As Chad just stood there like a dying ghost, Peyton's doctor walked up to him. His vision was foggy and he could barley comprehend, but he was pushing through.

"Peyton's stabilized but we have to do an emergency c-section. The baby is killing her from the inside out." The doctor told him.

Chad took a second to respond because he didn't know what to do. He felt a bit nauseous as well, "Do whatever you got to do."

The doctor nodded and went on his way back to Peyton while Chad made his way to the bathroom before tumbling over to the toilet. He began puking and crying at the same time. He didn't think this was how he was supposed to react to someone dying but then again, there is no right or wrong way to react to something like that.

After he flushed the toilet, he just sat on the floor with his back against the stall wall. He was about to have a kid and he felt guilty because he wasn't excited. Not even a little bit. Once again, that brought tears to eyes. He was sniffing and wiping the tears away once he heard the door open. The taps on the floor sounded like heels. He opened the stall door and it was Rachel.