xxxi. meet cute

________________________________________

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
::  xxxi. | meet cute

The happily engaged couple were sitting in Karen's Cafe— apparently waiting for Lucas. Peyton wanted to ask him in person if he would like to come to the wedding. For one, there friends and two, she just wants to consider his feelings.

They both were sipping coffee in their booth, looking around and sinking in of how great their friends did to revive Karen's Cafe. Of course while they waited, Lucas was approaching the Cafe.

Lucas was walking along the sidewalk, not paying attention— on his phone.  Then all of a sudden, there was a clash. It was between him and a dark haired girl. He looked up and noticed her coffee spilled all over her.

"Oh my god!" Lucas exclaimed, stretching out the sleeve to his shirt and began to attempt to wipe the coffee stain off the girl's blouse, "I'm so sorry."

She chuckled awkwardly, "I don't think it's going to come out."

"Right." He removed his sleeve from her blouse, "I can at least buy you a new shirt?"

"That would be nice." She nodded, "Or you could buy me a new coffee?"

"Yeah, ok." He sent a smile and so they both began to finish their way to Karen's Cafe.

Lucas held the door open for the mystery girl and once she was in, he walked in behind her with the door closing as he did. They both walked to the front and she began to place her order, but this time she placed two. Less than five minutes their coffees were slid in front of them. Lucas took out ten dollars from his wallet and then handed it to Haley.

The girl turned to Lucas and handed him one of the coffees.

"For me?" He questioned because he ruined her shirt. Though he appreciated it, he was still confused of why.