xlv. bachelor / ette

________________________________________

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
::  xlv. | bachelor / ette
( flashbacks will be in italics )

It was around five in the afternoon. The boys managed to get Chad out the house and the girls managed to get Peyton out the house. The boys planned on going out while the girls were just going to do something at Haley's. At first peyton and Chad were against the idea because Chad didn't want to leave Peyton and well Peyton didn't want to leave the house but I guess you can say they have some very persuasive friends.

Anyway, all the ladies had just arrived at Haley's house. To no one's surprise, Haley thought of everything. Though Peyton couldn't have the same bachelorette party as Haley did in high school (for many reasons), that didn't stop Haley from coming up with something great.

She had the whole night planned— movies, games, food, & a surprise towards the end. And though Peyton much appreciated it, she still didn't want to be there so she plastered a fake smile and carried on through the day.

While the girls were about to get their nighttime showdown started, the guys were hitting the club.

They went to the one where they used to sneak into when they were teenagers. It felt like going down memory lane once they entered, especially for Chad and nathan.

When Lucas and Chad departed ways officially, Chad kind of became a member of Nathan's group. So they would hang at clubs a lot, strippers, all that fun stuff. Then they would get really drunk to the point where they just don't care anymore. But that was before he got with Peyton.

"Alright, let's go!" Skills went on in as the rest followed behind with smiles across their faces.

It was easy to find an empty table for all of them. All the guys began enjoying themselves, but Nathan, Lucas, Chad, clay and Julian just sat in the booth eating and well drinking whatever they ordered. Chad did appreciate everything that they were doing, but honestly this wasn't where he wanted to be— he wanted to be with Peyton.

• • •

All the ladies sat in the living room, drinking and talking the night away. Of course Peyton was drinking sparkling water. Peyton was barley engaging in conversation with everyone else. Technically she was alone, that was until Teressa sat next to her.

"Ready for your big day tomorrow?" Teressa attempted to try and cheer Peyton up about whatever's wrong.

"I'm sorry. You guys did all this for me and I'm just sitting here looking like a bum." Peyton rested her chin on her hand.

Teressa whispered, "I wasn't going to say anything but is everything ok?"

Peyton nodded, "Yeah. I'm excited for tomorrow." She obviously lied. She was excited, but that wasn't the reason of why she was out of it. She literally didn't want to do anything. That was her current state. She wanted to change it, she wanted to enjoy her time with her friends but she couldn't. She didn't know if this was cause of the baby or her. Either way, she just wanted to lie down at this point.

Teressa gave her a reassuring smile before getting up and joining the girls back in the living room. Peyton just sighed as she stood up and before she could even take one step, she collapsed on the floor. All the girls immediately rushed over to her. Brooke kneeled down and placed Peyton's head on her lap.

"Peyton! Peyton!" Haley began to lightly shake her friend. After a few more shakes, Peyton finally woke up. She stared to quickly sit back up, then eventually stand up with the help of her friends.

Brooke helped her to the couch and then crouched down in front of her. Everyone else was close by, sitting around.

"What the hell happened? Should I call Chad?" You could hear the fear in Brooke's voice— the fear of losing her friend.

Peyton immediately shook her head, "No. I'm fine. I want him to focus on tomorrow." Peyton took a short breath, "Can I get a glass of water?"

• • •

Hours had past and the boys were getting ready to head out. They couldn't leave skills though, so they waited at their table for a couple more minutes. Skills was in the back with one of the dancers and we all know what's happening back there.

The rest of the of the guys were just sharing a drink and talking. Nothing special really happening, until one of them brought up the wedding.

"Chad, you do know you can't see the bride before the wedding!" Mouth mentioned, well more like slurred.

Chad propped himself up, "Speaking of that— Luke? I was wondering if the guys could get ready at your place?"

Luke was a bit puzzled. He didn't think Chad would ask him anything conceding the wedding or matter of fact using his place. But it made sense when he realized he was invited to the bachelor party, so everything else just fell in his lap, "Sure. The morning right?"

"All day." Chad corrected him, then turned to Nathan. "Haley's cool with —?"

"She volunteered." Nate told him and he nodded understandingly.

The conversation soon fell silent and skills was just now making his way back to the table. The group just smiled at him. Those smiles definitely lasted longer than Nathan's basketball career. As they stood up and began to make their way to the exit, those smug smiles never left their faces.

Lucas and Nathan ended up splitting the pay. Lucas took the courtesy to drive Chad home. They still haven't talked about the big picture. The only way for them to move on and rekindle their friendship is to talk about the past which none of them found the courage to bring up yet.

Once Chad was dropped off, Lucas went on home. Peyton was already back at the house, laying in bed. They both have an early morning so she didn't want to wait to sleep.

As soon as Chad came through the door, he stopped in the kitchen to grab some water then made his way to the bedroom. He smiled once he saw Peyton peacefully sleeping. He walked up to her and placed a kiss on her forehead before going to the bathroom to change into his sleepwear. He was quite eager to get to sleep because he knew once he woke up it would be his wedding day.

 He was quite eager to get to sleep because he knew once he woke up it would be his wedding day

a/n:
FINALLY GETTING
TO THE WEDDING CHAPTER!!