xxiv. the end of an era

________________________________________

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
::  xxiv. | the end of an era
( continuation of In The Mountains )

Ashely finally made her way up the stairs and into the room where her wife sat in the bed under the covers. She climbed in on the other side, sliding in next to Rachel. Rachel was obviously waiting for her since she was sitting right up with her back resting against the bedboard.

"We need to talk about this. I don't appreciate you not telling me anything of this." Ashely spoke without making eye contact.

"I'm sorry, it slipped my mind," Rachel spoke calmly.

"How does not wanting to have kids slip your mind?" Ashely scolded her.

Rachel soon realized she was talking about that. It took her a minute before she could say anything. She didn't know what to say. Once she finally figured it out, "I didn't think you wanted any." She shrugged.

"That's your answer? Seriously?" Ashely crossed her arms over her chest.

"I don't know what to tell you. I just don't want kids. Is that a dealbreaker?" Rachel asked.

Ashely began to remove the covers off her, "The fact that you have to ask me." She then got off the bed, swung open the door, and then slammed it behind her.

• • •

"Peyton, I don't want to talk about this anymore! Ok?" Chad was growing irritated.

"What do you want me to do?!" She questioned him. "Maybe we should just call it quits! It's the reasonable thing to do!" That obviously got his attention.