xxii. stay

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀::  xxii

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
::  xxii. | stay

Peyton was at the studio in her office, answering calls and signing papers as she waited for Julian. Today was going to be a busy day and emotional day. She had a lot on her mind already, dealing with Chad and now Julian is about to dump all his drama on her. Partly it's her fault cause she's so nice to say no when it has something to do with Brooke.

She soon ended her last call and dumped her face in her hands. Just as she thought she could finally get a moment of peace, Julian made his entrance. He walked in clearing his throat and that's when she immediately rose her head from her hands.

"Hey.." She stood up from her spinning chair to give him a hug.

He hugged back and he immediately felt something was off. He knew Peyton quite well do to Brooke always talking about her. Besides when he was working on that movie with Lucas, that was another way to reach out to her.

"You ok?" He ask.

Peyton ran her fingers through her hair, "I'm fine, I'm fine. We're here to talk about you."

Julian knew one thing, if Peyton wasn't ready to talk then she isn't ready to talk. And so he leaned against the pool table with his arms crossed over his chest.

"I got a job in LA and I asked Brooke to join me. She got all defensive cause well she doesn't have a job and so, she thinks I don't care about the life she's built here and I do. I just love her a lot but I can't pass this opportunity up." He told Peyton.

Peyton nodded listening from her desk. She thought for a second before responding, "Well, you only know what's best for you. If you think Brooke is going to hold you back then you should go but if not, then stay. I don't really know how to help in this situation. Follow your gut."

His arms were still crossed over his chest, "What would you do in my shoes? Risk it all and lose everything or stay, maybe have resentment?"

"I'm not you. I'm not in this situation." She shrugged.

He just nodded, "Thanks."

Peyton watched as he began to walk out her office, "Julian . . one more piece of advice. You break her heart, I break your face."

His hand was on the frame of the door. He turned around with a chuckle, "Noted."

• • •