xlvi. day of wedding

________________________________________

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
::  xlvi. | day of wedding
( flashbacks will be in italics )

It was the day of the wedding. The day Peyton and Chad finally become each other's spouse. It was going to be an exciting day.

Peyton had just woken up and her first thought was Chad. She looked next to her and he wasn't there as she hoped he would be. She was a bit sad until she turned to her nightstand. There was a muffin with orange juice and what looked like a letter. She picked it up and read every word with a smile.

Hi, love. I heard it's not good seeing the bride before the wedding so I had to rush out but not before getting you breakfast. Brooke should be there by now and well, I'll see you later. Can't wait to call you my wife. Love you.

She continued to smile as she placed it back on the nightstand then made her way out the bed. She headed out the bedroom to the living and there sat Brooke on her phone.

"Now that's creepy." Peyton spoke as she walked around and sat on the chair across from the couch where Brooke sat.

"I just got here." Brooke defended herself. "And you should be getting dress so we can get to Haley's. Oh my god, you're getting married!" Brooke exclaimed.

Peyton spoke as she got up, "And I couldn't be happier."

Peyton made her way back to the bedroom to get dress as she ate her breakfast. She couldn't wait to put on her wedding dress and walk down the aisle. It was only a couple of hours away. What could possibly go wrong?

• • •

Chad stared at himself in the mirror as he sighed, "How do I look?" He was nervous.

Nathan placed both of his hands on either of Chad's shoulders, "Dude, you look great."

Chad continued to look in the mirror, "Yeah, I know. I just wanted to hear someone else say it."

Nathan just chuckled and gave him a playful push before leaving the room. Chad fixed his tie then glanced at his wrist watch that read 3:45pm. Only an hour left until the wedding. After giving himself one more pep talk, he left out the room and to his groomsmen.

Peyton soon arrived at the church and all the girls quickly ran up the stairs to finish getting ready. That happened so the guys wouldn't see them. Mia, Ashely, and Peyton were the last to get ready. They had things they needed to take care of before hand which luckily got done just in time.

The girls helped each other get ready. Zipped up their dress, do each other's hair and makeup. It was all very exciting. Eventually, Mia had gone down as soon as she finished— leaving the two sister in laws by themselves.

Peyton turned to Ashely, "How did you know I was right for your brother?"

"I trusted my gut. Besides I knew you way before he even said one word to you and so just us being friends gave me the information I needed." Ashely began, "That you were a good person and that any guy would be lucky to have you. Lucas was lucky but Chad is special."

Peyton nodded understandingly, "What does your gut say about Rachel?"

Ashely just looked at her with her thinking face. It was a question she hoped to never be asked because her gut was telling her Rachel is worth everything. If she saw Rachel then and there, she'd hug her or maybe do even more.

• • •

Eventually time passed and the wedding had started. The groomsmen and bridesmaids walked down the aisle together then separated to their sides at the end where Chad stood, waiting for his soon to be wife.

The music began playing and everyone stood up as the double doors opened. There stood Peyton smiling with a bouquet in her hands. She made eye contact with Chad as she began to walk down the aisle.

Once she reached the alter, she gave the bouquet to Brooke who stood behind her. Her hands soon met Chad's and the priest began. Chad and Peyton repeated every word they were supposed too. Eventually their vows came. They weren't nervous or scared about what the other may think, they knew exactly what to say because they were feeling it. They didn't need words on a paper. All they needed was what they felt and to embrace it in that moment.

Chad cleared his throat, "It's amazing how I got here. I never thought i would get to this mark in my life." As Chad began, there was a slight stumble in the crowd. Heads turned and it was none other than his old friend Alexa. A slight smile formed across his lips before he turned back to Peyton. "As I was saying, Peyton I just knew what we were doing was right. Something pushed me to push aside all of my crap to propose to you. I'm glad I did because so far these have been the best past few weeks of my life. Though everything is moving fast, I can't help but be excited about our future. I've always loved you Peyton . . . even when you hated me. I just didn't know how much til right now." He concluded.

"Peyton . . " The priest gestured for her to began.

"There's a song that I can't get out of my head. I don't remember the name but I remember a certain verse. You could break my heart in two but when it heals, it beats for you. I know it's forward but it's true. The thing is that can go both ways. It didn't matter who I was with, getting close to or building a relationship with— you were always in the back of my mind. I will choose you in every life. Me and the baby." She slightly chuckled through tears, "No matter how short it might be."

Once Peyton finished her vows, the priest continued. Chad and Peyton slid their rings on each other's fingers with a big smiles across their lips.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss the bride." The priest smiled at this joyous moment.

Chad cupped Peyton's face and connected their lips. In between kisses he whispered, "I love you."

Once they parted, Peyton whispered back, "I love you too."

Everyone was standing up clapping, as Peyton and Chad moved down the aisle away from the alter. This day so far as been the best of their lives and it wasn't even over yet. Next was the reception and honestly, the drama had only barely begun.

 Next was the reception and honestly, the drama had only barely begun

a/n:
WE'RE HERE AND IT'S
ONLY JUST BEGUN.