l. happy beginnings

________________________________________

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
::  l. | happy beginnings

[ 1 MONTH LATER ]

It's been a month since the wedding and since penelope entered the world. Also during that time, Ashley and Logan broke up. Apparently, Ashely decided to give her and Rachel another chance but start from scratch as in their just dating right now.

It was a good ole Saturday afternoon, the Donovan household were held up in the living room watching cartoons like spongebob or hey arnold. They were the happiest, pass all the drama. The only thing that was bothering them was that they couldn't do anything for Lucas. Sure, the funeral had passed and now he's trying to slowly move on but it still sucked. They remember him mentioning the one thing he regrets the most and that was not telling her he loved her.

It wasn't because that was some dying wish or something (it wasn't). He genuinely loved her and now he realized, no moment was perfect, it was just the matter of saying it. That's what annoyed them the most, that Lucas beats himself up over that.

As they thought about how there was no possible way to help him, penelope was standing on Chad's stomach, being held up of course as she giggled and Chad laid on the couch. He chuckled at her cute little noise. Peyton made her way back over, leaving over the head of the couch then softly tickling little penelope.

Soon enough it was easy to tell penelope was growing sleepy, so it was nap time. Peyton picked her up and carried her to the baby's room, while Chad hopped off the couch. He was just about to make his way to the kitchen when there was a knock at the door. He jogged to the door and to some surprise, there stood Rachel and Ashely before him.

Ashely smiled as she went in for a hug then continued her way in with Rachel trailing behind. Everyone made their way to the living room and just sat down.

"So, how have you guys been?"  Chad was seated in front of the two ladies.

Ashely shared a look with Rachel before speaking, "Pretty good actually. We decided to move here permanently."

"Oh my god, that's great!" Chad exclaimed.

"Shh. Penelope's sleep." Peyton walked into the living room, greeting Ashely and Rachel before sitting next to Chad.

"Sorry, babe." Chad made a nervous expression as Rachel continued to speak.

"Those aren't the only reasons why we came over." Rachel began to stand up.

"They're not?" Ashely had a confused expression on. She had no idea what was happening and neither did Peyton or Chad for that matter.

Rachel got on one knee as she pulled a ring out, "I know we've done this already. But looks like the rules or positions are reversed. Anyway—"

"Yeah." Ashely nodded, happily.

"B-but I didn't even ask yet . . . and I kind wanted too." Rachel look butt hurt, "You got to ask."

"The important thing is she said yes, right?" Peyton look towards Chad then Rachel for an answer.

"Yeah, babe." Ashely looked at Rachel as she plopped back on the couch next to her. Rachel picked up Ashley's hand and slid the ring on. Rachel was happy that she said yes but she still wanted to ask which is why she still felt butt hurt.

• • •

The small group of adults clicked glasses before taking a sip of their champagne.

"This is family." Chad smiled before bringing the glass to his lips.

After Ashely swallowed her sip she mentioned, "Family doesn't necessarily mean blood."

"I know." Chad nodded," "But at the end of the day, you guys are all I need. My sisters, wife, and kid. What more could I ask for?" He shrug.

"Hey, you're surrounded by girls!" Peyton teased Chad and he shook his head as he took another sip.

It seemed Ashely and Rachel ended up spending the rest of their day with Peyton, Chad, and penelope. It was a nice mini gathering. They talked, reminisced, and well played with little Penelope. So far, their afternoon was very successful. Meaning they wouldn't say it was bad.

Eventually time passed and it was around 7:30pm. Everyone agreed on pizza for dinner so Chad called in for delivery. Pepperoni as always, nothing really changed. About twenty minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Peyton made her way over and opened it. She was stunned by his presence.

"Tim! You're the pizza guy?" Peyton exclaimed.

"Hey, Peyton." He smiled, handing her the pizza.

Everyone else came to the door and they were just surprised as Peyton to see him. They all talked with him for a minute or so before he had to get back to work. 

Chad placed penelope in her little jumper seat before getting paper plates for everyone. The two pizza boxes were set on the coffee table in the living room as everyone else sat down. They all continued to chat while penelope giggled over whatever.

"So we're all moving into the next chapter of our lives . . . " Ashely began, "And I thought I would clear the air real quick."

Everyone gave her questionable looks, even penelope.

She continued, "I hooked up with Brooke in high school."

"You what?!" Rachel and Peyton said in unison while Chad was just shocked. His mouth was almost to the floor.

So from there, there was yelling and disagreeing, then a phone call to Brooke. Like Chad said, what more could he ask for?

Well I guess you can say, there are no more false promises.

a/n:
THE END.
book two is called
I Hate You.