xiii. eyes off you

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀::  xiii

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
::  xiii. | eyes off you

"Brooke didn't mean—" Peyton began.

"I know." He cut her off.

Chad and Peyton both sat on the sofa in the living room. It was a bit awkward but not so awkward where there was so much silence between them.

"It just sucks. You know?" He looked at her.

"Yeah." She nodded, "When someone sleeps with someone else after the breakup."

He once again chuckled and caught that she was talking about him. "Now I know how you felt."

There was silence once again, but this time it was more comfortable. It wasn't weird. If you can just sit with someone in peace and enjoy it, then that's a relationship you want to have.

"So uh, how are you and Lucas?" He rubbed his hands on his pants legs.

"Honestly, I don't know." She just shrugged nervously.

"You're doing it." Chad pointed out her tell.

"Doing what?" She shifted her position and looked at him.

"Dancing around the answer. It's either you want to marry him or you don't." Chad tried to help her find it within herself to be honest with herself and not be scared to hurt someone.

If someone doesn't make you happy, you shouldn't be with them. You should be with someone who does make you happy, laugh, smile, everything. You should be able to see a future with them and back then, that's all Peyton saw with Lucas. But when Chad came into the picture, the whole narrative changed. For some reason, she saw everything with him and not her first love.

Peyton's eyes stayed glued to his. Once again, it felt like they were the only two in the world and not just because they were the only two in the apartment right then. She felt safe, happy. She knew it was wrong but that didn't stop from doing what she felt was right for her in that moment.

She slowly leans in and he does too. Their foreheads resting on one another's, then their lips closing together, only inches way. Peyton finally closes that gap and instantly she feels guilty but that didn't stop her. Chad felt it as well, but even though he knew it would maybe ruin some relationships he didn't care cause they were already ruined.

The kiss got more intense. Peyton pulled away then stood up, walking in front of him and straddling him. She ran her fingers through his hair before planting another kiss on his lips. Chad wrapped his arms around her, placing his hands on her back, holding her up. From there, they continue to kiss— make out. Intensely.

Within a few moments, quick pecks on the lips, Peyton pulls off her shirt over her head and tossed it on the floor. Chad couldn't help but form a little smile. He wasn't able to tell if this was just something he really wanted or just pure lust. At least not yet. As he kissed around Peyton's neck, he couldn't help to think about Lucas. He was screwing him over, again. Then he remembered, Lucas was the one who slept with his girl so he pushed all that guilt down and continued to screw him over.

Peyton was always the one who never was able to figure out how she felt until it was too late. But right now, she knew exactly how she felt. It wasn't just sex. She wanted Chad, she just didn't know how to put it into words. How to tell Lucas or Brooke. Even though Brooke was with Julian now, she thought she still owned it to Brooke.

Things led to one another, Chad took his shirt off and from there—- everything happened. Where they ended up, that was on the floor behind the couch. They both laid there panting a bit. It was late at night of course and Peyton was sleeping. Chad got up and walked over to the kitchen counter where he left his phone. He saw a few messages from his sister. He read through some and they were saying that her flight got delayed by a few hours so she won't arrive till the afternoon, which he didn't mind because he was already pre occupied as it is.

He looked back at Peyton before setting his phone down. He then made his way back over and put his underwear back on. After that, he quietly slid back under the blanket and fell back to sleep.

.

It was eleven forty three in the morning and Peyton had just fluttered her eyes open. She looked next to her and there he was, sleeping. She was freaking out a little bit. It's one thing to kiss someone else but to sleep with them is another story.

She quietly got up and started to put her clothes on. Once she had everything and gathered her belongings, she made her way to the door. Just as she was about to open it, Chad woke up.

"Leaving already?" His head was laid on the pillow as the blanket only covered his bottom area.

"That was not suppose to happen." Peyton shook her head.

"It's clear to say that I'm the other guy." He then sat up.

"Do you love her? Brooke?" Even though peyton knew she probably made the worst mistake ever, she also didn't want Chad to feel the way she did.

"Yeah, I always will. Just not the same way as I did before." He stayed seated. It was silent for a few seconds, then he stood up and made his way over to her.

Her hand was clutched on the knob so tight that she thought what if she never makes it out of there. Chad gently took her hand off the knob and held it in his.

"Listen Peyton, I'm sorry if this put you in a weird position with Lucas. But I don't regret anything." He intertwined their fingers together, "Do you?"

" He intertwined their fingers together, "Do you?"

a/n:
two chapters in one
week. that's never happened
before & YESSSS cheyton (their
ship name) deserves a whole ass
chapter !!

PLSSS COMMENT
UR FEEDBACK OF
THIS CHAPTER OR
THOUGHTS ((: