Chap. 13 - Weird Little Prince / Nice Little Boy

Imagine (Y/n)'s surprise when she woke up and saw a child sleeping next to her.

Backing up a little bit: a few days have passed since our two protagonists left the crystal mine town. They were walking across a mountain and decided to set up camp here in this forest. They went to sleep and (Y/n) had a peaceful night. But when she woke up the next morning, Monkey has been replaced by a child. She sat up, rubbing her eyes, yawned then gently shook the kid.
"Monkey?" no responce. "...Monkey!"
"Aaah!" he shouted, startled awake.
"Your power is getting out of control, you turned into a little girl while you slept."
"Huh?! I'm not a girl!" he stood up, angry.
"Well yeah, I know that."
"No you moron! Stop talking to me like we're friends! And who the hell is Monkey?!"
There was a moment of silence. (Y/n) blinked twice as the realization sinked in.
"You're not Monkey?"
"Duh! Do you see a tail anywhere?" he wiggled his butt.
"...Then who are you?!" she stoop up and looked around, suddenly concerned and slightly panicked. "And where's Monkey?!"

"Stop panicking!" his booming voice made her stop. "Geez you humans are so stressed out and annoying, sit down!"
She sat down and took this opportunity to get a good look at this kid, now that she was at his eye level (wow he was small). He had mid-long black hair, half of it tied up into two buns by red ribbons, the other half down. He had no shirt on but was wearing a sleeveless red vest and matching baggy pants, whose belt was tied in a messy knot. He also had a red mark on his forehead, his left arm was bandaged and on his other was a golden bracelet.
"'You humans'?" she repeated.
"You-Don't you know who I am?!"
She pursued her lips, feeling bad, and slowly shook her head.
"You ignorance girl, I am the Third Lotus Prince Nezha! Marshall of the Central Altar!"
Her eyes widen slightly and slowly nodded, she heard of him. Though all her child brain remembered him for was that one time Monkey fought him and beat him when he was clashing with Heaven's army.
'Wait. So Monkey beat up a kid?!' she made a mental note to scold him later.
"Oh, okay."
"'Okay'?! That's all you can say?!"
"Sorry du-uh, your highness."
She almost called him 'dude'. It was hard for her to be polite to an immortal when they have the appearance (and behavior) of a regular eight-year-old brat.

"I'm sorry but," she calmly said. "what happened to Monk- I mean, Sun Wukong exactly?"
He huffed, his hands in his pockets.
"Last night me and my brother were just minding our own business when we saw you two. I had some unfinished business with that damn monkey so I woke him up and the three of us battled!"
"You battled?!" she looked around, noticing no broken trees and no giant craters on the ground.
"In the air stupid." he pointed skyward.
"While I was asleep?!" she asked, baffled.
"Yeah, and you weren't even bothered in the least. You sleep like a rock it's unbelievable." by the way he said it, it wasn't a compliment. "But yeah, and we could've taken him down once and for all if I didn't get knocked out!" he kicked a pebble on the ground. "When I woke up they were both gone."
"Oh my lord!" she stood up and packed up her things. "We gotta go look for them!"
"We? No no no no." he sternly said before pointing at himself with his thumb. "*I* am going to look for my brother," he then pointed at her. "and *you're* coming with me!"
'That's the same thing.' she thought, pausing to look at him as he kept going.
"He must've defeated Wukong by now. But just in case, Imma need you as bargain." he smiled widely. "Until we find them, you're my prisoner human!"

"Prisoner...?" she tilted her head. "I don't see why, we have the same goal here."
"Rule number one!" he pointed at her. "Never talk back to me, don't speak unless spoken to."
Her expression became deadpan.
"...Whatever dude."
"Rule number two!" he showed the number with his fingers. "Don't get sassy with me. Number three: don't you run away from me if you wanna live."
"Uh-hu." she said in a disinterested tone as she put her bag around her shoulder.
"Hey! What did I say about getting sassy?!"
"I just said 'uh-hu'."
"But you said it sassily!"
"I don't think that's a real wor-."
"Geez you're so disrespectful!"
"You're a kid, if anything you should respect me."
"I just look like one! This isn't even my real form!"
"And I'm not gonna respect someone who steals from me."
He looked taken aback by this. He must've thought she wouldn't notice the bandages missing from her bag. He looked down, finally quiet.
"You didn't have to take all of it." she kneeled down and gestured him to come closer. "Your bandage is messy too, let me do it."