Chap. 6 - Harem Mayhem (1)

After a nice warm dinner, our group of protagonists were full and ready for a good night of rest. Monkey and Nian Zhen were eager to go to bed and so they were already in their room, whereas (Y/n) and Qiuyu just entered the hallway. In truth, she was going slow on purpose.
"Say, Qiuyu?" she stopped.
"Mmh?" he did as well and faced her.
She glanced around for a second, hesitating.
"I... I don't want you to feel forced into talking about your past. But I do want to ask this one thing..." she finally looked at him, her eyebrows slightly furrowed. "Was it the crowd that got you like this? I'm just asking so that we can avoid it next time." she quickly clarified.
He blinked twice. He wasn't expecting that. But from her, he thought maybe he should have. He smiled.
"Nah~." he shrugged, looking away. "I'm just so used to the silence of nature. I just gotta get used to it is all."
"Okay..." she nodded. "I get it. It was a shock for me too. From my small village to a grand city." she chuckled.

There was a moment of silence, during which they kept walking.
"You know," she spoke again once they reached their respective doors. "the journey to the West will take a really long time. If we're really going to spend all that time together, I truly hope we become friends." she smiled.
He looked at her for a moment before smiling faintly.
"'Night lady."
Her smile tightened, but she nodded.
"Goodnight."

The next day, they said goodbye to their musician friends. Qiuyu apologized for what happened, they were very understanding.
"What's the name of your band anyway?" Nian Zhen asked.
"Jia, Dishi and company."
"Huh. Go figure." Qiuyu nodded.
"I thought band names were more...poetic?" she tilted her head.
"Sometimes, something simple is much more effective." Jia smiled. "It adds pizzazz to the group."
"...Should we get a name?" (Y/n) asked, looking over at her traveling companions.
"Nope." Monkey immediately said.
"You guys don't need one." Dishi pointed at the group with a mocking smirk. "You're a bunch of weirdos, you're already too much- Aow!" he exclaimed when Jia smacked him behind the head.
"Wait." (Y/n) suddenly said with a clear voice before thinking to herself.
Her own group leaned a bit closer, seeing her look of intense focus.

"Much more effective..." she mumbled. "A bunch...too much. Much bunch- The Much Bunch!" her face lit up and she pointed at herself. "That's us!"
All four of them took a step back, groaning or rolling their eyes.
"What?"
"We are not naming ourselves (Y/n)!" Monkey folded his arms. "We're barely even a group!"
"And even if we are, you won't be the one naming us!" Nian Zhen shook her head.
"What's wrong with the Much Bunch? I think it sounds cute."
"Exactly." Qiuyu said.

"We don't do cute here!" Monkey added. "We kick ass!"
"Yeah, the Much Bunch packs a punch!" she nodded to the rhythm of her sentence.
"...You're kinda winnin' me over right now." Qiuyu smiled.
"Still no!" Monkey and Nian Zhen said at the same time, them and the Horse facing the other two.
"Even you Horse?!" (Y/n)'s eyes widen. "I thought you'd like it!"
"The Horse is a warrior (Y/n)!" Monkey pointed at him, who huffed and puffed up his chest. "He's not into kids stuff!"
"Kids stuff?!"
"I think you guys have enough pizzazz already." Jia laughed.

Our group of protagonists were walking through a meadow, along a large dirt road. With the Sun shining, the fresh air, the leaves starting to turn yellow, Nian Zhen on the Horse's back, the walk was silent but not less nice. Then, a convoy of multiple carriages came by, making them move out of the road. The largest one was particularly fancy, and they got a glimpse of who was inside: a group of elegant-looking young women.
"Wow," (Y/n) thought out loud as they watched the carriages roll past them. "are they princesses? They're so pretty."
"You're prettier." Monkey clarified so quickly that no one noticed.
"They must be, with a protection squad like that." Nian Zhen said.

The human then noticed Monkey looking around with a frown.
"What's wrong Monkey?"
"Someone's coming."
"Uh, yeah. A whole squad of them did." Nian Zhen pointed at the carriages. "Are you serious?"
"Nah, I feel it too." Qiuyu said. "Someone powerful."
The two men then looked up. (Y/n) followed their gaze and gasped when she saw a fireball coming towards them at rapid speed. Nian Zhen started to freak out, tugging on the Horse's mane to make him run away, but he stood his ground, ready to fight. Upon closer inspection, (Y/n) realized that it wasn't an actual fireball, but a little boy with black hair, flying on two golden rings on fire."
"Is that...?" her face lit up. "Oh my Lord it is! Hey~!" she waved her arms with a big smile. "Nezh-!"
Her breath was caught in her throat when he tackled her to the ground, covering her mouth with both his hands.
"Hey!" Monkey exclaimed.