S E V E N T E E N

You need to sleep. Just close your eyes and sleep.

I can't, there are the visions. They are always there when I close my eyes.

Ignore them.

Then they become my nightmares. And it's worse.

But you need to sleep, Justin.

I need to but I can't.

Sleep, Justin, sleep.

Justin rubbed his eyes as he stood with the whole Institute in the common room, with Alec Lightwood at the top of the stairs as the leader he was born to be. Justin didn't know what this meeting was about, he just knew Alec was about to make an important announcement, his first one as the head of the Institute.

"We have lost seven of our own, but we can't allow a single radical Seelie to define the entire Downworld, any more than we can allow Valentine to define all Shadowhunters." Izzy nudged Justin on the side of his stomach, the redhead boy jolting awake and paying attention once again. "So, to restore unity with our allies, I will be hosting regular cabinet meetings here with the Downworld leaders of New York."

Justin zoned out once again as his body was too tired, and his mind was drained. He didn't know how he was even functioning since he wasn't having any rest and when he did, his dreams were clouded with nightmares.

Justin was brought back to reality when the Shadowhunters dispersed and he was now alone standing there, while his friends were all crowded around Alec. He made his way there halfway through their conversation.

"Yeah, I'm not sure anyone agrees."

Justin wasn't really sure what they were talking about, but he guessed it was about the cabinet Alec had organized.

"All the more reason to do it. How can I help?" Clary smiled at the taller man.

"Actually," Alec looked between them, "I need you, Justin, and Jace for a mission. Going to the Seelie Court." Justin simply nodded. He was not really in the mood to argue with Alec about wanting to stay here and maybe have some decent sleep.

"Where is that?" Clary asked.

"The nearest entrance is in Central Park. But it's in another realm. Where the Seelie Queen lives." Of course the Seelies have royalty, Justin thought.

"I requested an audience with her to discuss Kaelie's crimes. However, she said she'll only meet with Valentine's experiments." Alec sent a look at his partner, finding him rolling his eyes. He knew how much Justin hated being related to Valentine now, but he had to use the Seelie Queen's words.

"That's just the perfect nickname." Justin's voice dripped with sarcasm as he ran a hand through his hair.

"So you think the Seelie Queen is responsible for Kaelie's attacks?" Clary questioned Alec's bold motives.

"That's what I want you to find out."

Jace nodded his head. "That would make sense. Those murders weren't exactly Kaelie's style."