F O U R

"You know if I wanted my sister to have a rune I could've drawn it myself," Justin told the blond, who's name he learned to be Jace.

"But where's the fun in that. Look, you should rest, it's been a pretty long night. I'll wake you up when she's conscious again," Jace told him.

Justin nodded and laid down on his new bed, staring up at the ceiling. After hours of not being able to sleep, Justin found himself closing his eyes and entering a dream.

Justin was standing by a sleeping woman, who showed signs of a very advanced pregnancy. Looking closer, he noticed she was Jocelyn. "Mom?"

Next he saw a man entering the room, a strange look on his face. Justin didn't recognise the guy, he actually never seen him before. And that scared him.

The man laid down beside his mother, rubbing delicately her baby bump. "I can't wait to meet you," he whispered. For some odd reason, Justin remembered that voice and phrase from somewhere but he couldn't quite put the puzzle together.

Suddenly he was thrown into another dream but this one felt even more real than the other. In this dream, Justin could see his mom unconscious surrounded by a green mist.

A man, in his late 30's or early 40's was standing besides her. "Jocelyn, you're back with me." He took his stele, yes he was a Shadowhunter too, and traced a circle on the woman's neck, Jocelyn groaning in pain.

"Justin!"

The redhead opened his eyes in surprise. A pair of hazel eyes came to view and he groaned, not really liking to be woken up, even by a gorgeous face.

"Your sister is awake, come on." Justin quickly took his stele, which was placed on the bedside table, and put his shoes on, following the raven haired boy.

The two of them met up with Jace before walking to the infirmary, seeing Clary with a very pretty brunette.

"Mundanes shouldn't even be here," the taller, and more handsome boy (according to Justin), said. "Where is here exactly?" Clary asked, noticing the three males walking into the room. "JJ!"

Justin smiled at her, not really in the mood for hugs. His dream still plaguing his mind. "They're not mundanes, Alec," Jace said.

'So the cute one is Alec,' Justin thought to himself. "How do you know that?" Alec asked. "Because I basically helped you guys fight those demons at the Pandemonium. So if I'm a Shadowhunter, my sister is one too. And I know everything about the Shadow World, so there that," Justin explained.

"There you go. Look Isabelle can you..." the girl, Isabelle, stood up from the bed, making room for blondie to sit in front of Clary. "I'm Jace Wayland," he introduced.

"I'm, uh-" "Justin and Clary Fray, we know who you are," Jace interrupted the redhead. "Because that's not creepy at all," Justin muttered.

"Am I the only one who finds this unusual?" Alec asked. "You find everything unusual, Alec," Jace answered him, still looking at the girl in front of him.

"I have to report this to the Clave," he continued. "You know what? Dial it down a notch," Jace said exasperated. "My brother doesn't have a dial. I love you, Alec, but you have a switch that's always on." Justin snorted at Isabelle's statement.

"I love you too, but this-" "Hey, you know what? Give me a minute." When no one made a move to leave, Jace sighed. "Here's a word you never hear me say. Please."

"What is with you? Really, no, what is with him?" Alec wondered out loud. "Walk with me, big brother," Isabelle said, taking Alec's arm and pulling him out of the room.

Justin noticed Jace staring at him and raised and eyebrow. "Do you really think I'm going to leave my frightened sister here with you? I don't think so."

Jace rolled his eyes and turned around to face Clary. "Your wound, its healed." Clary attempted to look at her neck, obviously failing. "How is that even possible? So, what, I'm miraculously healed, and all of you... stunning people have magical powers?"

"No. No, don't confuse us with a warlock," Jace scoffed. "A what?" Clary asked puzzled. "A warlock. It's one of the Downworlders," Jace explained, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Okay, you're not making any sense," Clary told him. "Warlocks, vampires, Seelies-" "Hey, genius. She doesn't know about our world," Justin stopped the blond from continuing his rambling.

"Jeez, all right. I'll keep it simple for her then. All the legend are true. We're Shadowhunters. We protect the human world from the demon world. So those people you saw murdered at the Pandemonium, they weren't people at all, they were shapeshifting demons," Jace said.

"Great way to keep it simple," Justin snorted. "I'm not interested in being a part of your supernatural fight club," Clary said sternly, shooting an annoyed look at her brother. "I just wanna find my mom. The rest of it, whatever it is, all I care about is finding my mother. Please."

Justin's head perked up at that. It was true, his mom was missing and according to everything that happened that night, everything points to the Shadow World.

"Clary, they're the best chance we got right now," Justin assured her, walking to stand next to the bed and placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "We don't even know them," clary stared.

Her phone then started to ring, the three of them turning to look at the device. "Simon!" Clary exclaimed as she saw the caller ID. The redhead stood up and started pacing around the room.

Justin's eyes widened when she saw his sister's clothes. "What the fuck happened to her pants? And whose shirt is that?" Jace looked up from Clary's sketch book and shrugged nonchalantly. "I burned them and it's mine."

"One, stop looking through her stuff. Two, you don't just get to take her clothes, burn them and then give her one of your shirts. You're acting like a complete fuckboy," Justin warned the blond Shadowhunter in the room.

"Okay, you wanted her to walk around with clothes full of demon blood? I don't think so. You were asleep so we couldn't exactly give her your clothes. And relax, it was Isabelle who undress and dressed her," Jace cleared.

After Clary finished her call and changed into some revealing clothes that Isabelle left her, she along with the annoying blondie (nickname courtesy of Justin) were heading outside the Institute to talk to Simon.

Justin decided to leave them, not really in the mood to talk to the nerdy best friend.