O N E

"Come one Fray. You can do better than that," Mason Davis yelled at the ginger boy. Justin Fray wiped the blood out of his nose and advanced towards the older man.

"Punch me!" Mason exclaimed. In one swift movement, and with strength he's been trying to hide, Justin hit his trainer on the stomach, flipping him over his shoulder and pinning him to the ground.

"That's my boy," Mason praised. Justin smirked, extending a hand to help the brunette up. "Where was that strength? I've been wanting it out for so long."

"I don't know Mason, it's like it came out of nowhere and it felt right," Justin lied. He went to his duffel bag, taking his water bottle and phone out.

He saw that he had a text from his younger sister, Clary, and opened it instantly.

JJ, you need to get home now, we need to get ready for tonight.
-C
Ps. I got in ;)

Justin smiled in amusement at the text. He was proud of his baby sister for being accepted in her dream school.

"Hey Mase, I gotta run but I'll text you to schedule the next practice," Justin said, picking up the bag and exiting the gym.

Once back in the loft, he saw his mother sitting in a chair, a distant look on her face, tracing Clary's drawings. "Mom?" Jocelyn Fray jumped a little at her son's voice.

"Justin, how'd everything go at practice today?" Justin threw his duffel bag at the door and jogged towards her, playing a kiss in her forehead. "Pretty good actually. I finally pinned Mason after trying to act like an amateur," he said smiling.

"I'm so proud of you," Jocelyn told him, running a hand through his sweaty hair. "Thanks mom. I gotta go have a shower and change, I'm going out with Clary and Simon tonight."

Justin made his way to his room, taking his clothes and going to the bathroom. After ten minutes in the shower, he hopped out and started getting ready.

"JJ are you done?" Clary's voice sounded from outside the room. Justin took one last look on the mirror and fixed his hair before taking is stele and putting it in his boot, he opened the door and walked out.

"Hey C, congratulations on getting in," Justin said, hugging his sister. "Thank you Justy."

The siblings walked to the living room, noticing their father figure standing there. "Hey Luke, what's up?" Clary said.

"Hey! Incredible drawings," Luke praised. He turned to look at Justin, giving him a nod in acknowledgement.

One thing to know about Justin Fray was that he wasn't a very talkative or emotional person, except with his mother and sister. While he considered Luke part of his family, he still had his reservations about the man.

"I got you these." Luke took a box of spray paint, placing it on the counter. "Oh they're perfect."

"If I catch any of that paint on city wall, I will arrest you," Luke joked. "The paint is for Simon's van. I'm insisting they rename the band," Clary informed.

"Oh, yes, please," the two other Fray said. "Did your mom talked to you about that?" Luke asked as he noticed the stele poking out of Clary's hoodie.

"Mom, you gave it to her?" Justin whispered shouted. "The protections are wearing off, look at the drawings," Jocelyn said, nodding towards the folder in front of her. Justin casted a glance at it and widened his eyes.

"So, you're finally tell-" "What is with you guys? I'm turning 18, it's not like I'm headed off on some epic journey," Clary interrupted Justin's sentence.

"But you are!" Simon Lewis voice was heard from the entrance. "See, we are going to Lombardi's to celebrate your birthday after our gig." Simon smiled.

Justin rolled his eyes at the nerdy boy, not really getting his enthusiasm. Another thing about Justin, he wasn't too fond of Simon Lewis. He tolerated him but Justin didn't consider him a friend.

"You should come back here after. The city's not that safe right now," Jocelyn piped in. "Ah, thanks, mom, but we're all set. Besides JJ is coming with us," Clary dismissed.

The two best friends started leaving, Justin reluctantly following behind. "Wait. Do I smell chicken cacciatore?" Simon stopped in his tracks, turning around.

Jocelyn smiled at him in agreement, making Simon grin. "Lewis, you have places to be," Justin called.

"Oh, you're singing?" Like asked. "Yes, big gig. And by big, I mean not so," Simon replied. Justin noticed his mother embrace Clary in a tight hug.

"Breakfast, you, me and Justin, tomorrow. Promise?" Jocelyn asked, glancing at the ginger boy, who nodded.

Mother and daughter separated, Jocelyn gesturing for Justin to get closer. "Take care of her like you're supposed to," The Fray whispered. Justin answered with a firm nod and followed after his sister and her best friend.

"My mom is so overprotective lately," Clary voiced. Currently they were perched on top of Simons van, waiting for his gig to commence. Maureen, Simons band mate, was with them too.

Justin didn't really have an opinion about Maureen, he tends to ignore her. "She's just doing her job as a mother," Justin replied to Clary's statement.

"So, do you remember in Aliens, when the alien queen was defending her egg as from Ripley?" Simon started, ignoring Justin's input.

"In this scenario, is my mom Ripley or the alien queen?" "Both," Simon answered. "That's doesn't make any sense," Justin said.

"A mother defending her young," Simon cleared. "Defending me from what? I spend all day in an art studio. My life couldn't be more mundane." Oh if Clary only knew that she was far from human.

Justin tried to remain calm at her confusion, not really in the mood to ruin their night. "Besides, I really don't know much about when she was young," Clary added.

"Oh, just do what I do and get all the dirt from your relatives," Maureen proposed. "Well, I would if I could, but she doesn't have any," Clary said.

"And our dad died before she was born, just after I was born so I don't remember him correctly," Justin piped in. "So you guys have no one? No uncles, no aunts, no third cousins, twice removed?" Maureen questioned.

"No, just Justin, me and my mom," Clary replied. "It's why the Lewis clan has added four chair to every seder since pre-school," Simon joined, "one for ClaryF one for Jocelyn, one for Justin and one for Elijah."

Maureen looked at the three of them with a puzzled expression written in her face. "You guys don't think that's a little bit suspicious? You not knowing anything about your family?"

"What I find suspicious is your sudden interest into our private lives," Justin snapped. Maureen widened her eyes and tried to avoid eye contact with the eldest Fray. "Your mom could be hiding some deep, dark secret."

'Ohh, how right you are' Justin thought.

"Maureen, it's not possible. My mother is incapable of concealing anything from us," Clary denied.