T H R E E

"And then these creepy tentacles seemed to come out of the body builder's face, and... and then the guys just... vaporised. I mean, we were drugged, right?" Clary finished her rant.

"What did the markings look like ok the blond boy you were talking about?" Jocelyn Fray asked her daughter. Justin rolled her eyes at this.

"Mom, they were, you know..." he said. "Who care mom, okay? Are you even listening to me? I think Justin killed a guy. Or multiple guys," Clary stated.

"Clary... did they look like this?" Jocelyn then went ahead to trace her arm with her stele, a black tattoo-like mark appeared on her skin.

"Mom, what the..." "Everything you saw tonight has a meaning and an explanation, and I've dreaded having this conversation with you since the day you were born," Jocelyn said.

"What is going on? Am I going insane?" Clary cried. "No, you're not," Justin told the paranoiac  girl. "But the protections are wearing off. You're 18 now, and you need to know the truth," Jocelyn explained.

"Protections? What does that even mean? Mom, you... mom you're scaring the hell out of me," Clary said, scared and confused.

"I know, and that's why I've put this off until the last possible minute," Jocelyn said. Dot, Jocelyn's assistant then came running into the room in panic.

"Jocelyn, look out the window. Magnus called to want us. They found you guys."

The mother ran to the window and saw two men exiting a red car. "Dot, its time. Okay, listen to me. You cannot be near me," Jocelyn said, running around the living room.

"What's happening?"

"I got a very powerful person angry," Jocelyn answered. "What did you do?" Justin exclaimed. "I hid some things from him and his followers."

"Followers? Why can't we just call the police?" Clary asked. "The policeman you need to call is Luke," Jocelyn finished.

She then proceed to turn clary around, clasping a necklace with a purple rock on her neck. "Keep this with you and think of me when you wear it. Justin, do you still have the bracelet I gave you all those years back?"

Justin nodded, allowing his mom to see the leather objet in his wrist. It also had a small rock, just like Clary's, in the middle of it.

"Mom, this is not the time for more birthday gifts," Clary grumbled. "What the hell is happening?"

"Only if you need it," Dot said, handing Jocelyn a bottle with turquoise liquid in it. "Trust your instinct. You're more powerful than you know," Jocelyn told Clary.

"Justin, you're even more powerful than her. Protect her like I told you to." Justin nodded in response, confused at what his mother meant with even more powerful. He's just a normal Shadowhunter like her, what's the big deal?

"Dot, open it."

Blue mist came out of the brunette's fingers, a purple portal-like thing opening in the middle of the living room.

"Everything I've done, every mistake I've made was because I love you two more than words," Jocelyn said, dragging her children in front of the portal. "Mom?" "What are you doing?" The siblings asked at the same time.