T W E N T Y - F O U R

The four where in an alley, Luke handing Simon some blood bags. "Just drink." Clary's phone rang, the redhead taming it out of her backpocket looking at it before answering the call.

Justin furrowed his eyebrows at the call, suspecring it was Jace but not knowing why was he calling. Clary took her stele out and started drawing a rune on her arm, before calling her brother over.

"Draw this rune, now." Justin looked at it, thinking back at the runes he had on jis body before coming to the conclusion that that one was not one he needed before.

He took his stele out, memorized the rune from the picture and started drawing it on his bicep. The burning sensation was not something Justin was used to, he winced a little bit but managed to finish it without any problem.

"We'll go to Jade Wolf," Clary said, reuniting with the males. "Wait, what did I miss?" Justin asked. "The Clave is tracking us, thinking we have the Cup and that we are working with Valentine. Jace said we need to go to somewhere safe," Clary explained.

"The Clave know you two are like family. They'll look there first," Luke said, denying the idea. "Simon, we're going to see the one person who can help us," Clary informed him.

That's how the group arrived at the Hotel DuMort and waited for Raphael to come out. When they asked, the vampire leader turned around furious. "Have you lost your mind? Two Shadowhunters and a werewolf? You do know this isn't a hotel?"

"Technically, it is," Simon told him. "Even starvation can't shut you up." The group sent a glare to the vampire. "Look, we just need someplace secure until we can figure out a plan," Clary said.

"These people never listen. Don't bother.  Let's go," Luke adressed the group, not taking his eyes from the Downworlder. Justin went to follow after Luke when Raphael's voice stopped them. "You should put a muzzle on that mutt."

"And I'm gonna put you on a coffin if you continue talking." Justin smiled at the vampire. "The fledgling can stay. But you aren't exactly welcome after you barbecued half a dozen of my people. And with that threatening, your brother isn't exactly welcome either."

"Let's go, please. I don't want any part of this," Simon pleaded his best friend, who was standing and glaring at the latino. "Look, there isn't any place else," Clary told Simon before turning back to Raphael. "You need Simon back, right? To prove Camille broke thr Accords. What good will he be  he dies of starvation?"

Raphael reconsidered his decision, looking at the new vampire before accepting.  "Fine, but the stray waits outside." Luke took a step forward, stepping protectively in front of the teenagers. "If anything happens to these three, you won't have to wait till sun up, I'll kill you myself." Luke flashed his werewolf eyes at his rival. "Easy there, Fido. They'll be under my protection."

Raphael walked back to the hotel, Simon, Clary and Justin following after him. "This place brings bad memories. Really weird and bad ones," Justin muttered as he walked the halls of the vampire home. "Clary, I was talkative here. That's not really me and you know it."

Clary looked at hed brother with sad eyes. Justin was never one to show or express emotions less alone have a decent, long conversation with people. If this place made him be the complete opposite of him, Clary knew it was bad.

Justin thought back at his short time as a hostage, how afraid of his life he actually was. And it was all thanks to his mother, who couldn't trust him enough to tell him the location of the Mortal Cup, or even allowed him to tell his sister everything about the Shadow World.

The three friends walked to the back of the room before a gate closed, locking them up. "So this is your idea of protection?" Clary questioned Raphael. "It keeps you away from my people, and my people away from you."

"Give a shout when you're hungry. Of course, you do have a pretty decent snack right here, no?" Raphael said to Simon. "Oh, silly me. I forgot... you three are such great friends. Or has that changed?"

Justin held his hand in a stop gesture, not liking the word friend when referring to his relationship with Simon Lewis. The brunette turned to look at his best friend, a weird look plastered over his face.

The time passed relatively fast for Justin. He managed to zone out of all conversayion possible, keeping to himself and his thoughts, which considering the events lately was not the best for him. He thought back to all his dreams and memories. And how they haunted him. They were weird and meaningless, at least for now.

"It appears the cavalry has arrived." Raphael's voice borught Justin back to the real world, remembering he was in a cell with a newly turned Simon and Clary. The vampire leader opened the gate, allowing the three to get out. "You'll wanna use the back stairs."

They exited the building finding Isabelle and Jace with Luke waiting there. Clary ran to Jace and hugged him tightly, while Justin walked to Isabelle's side and smiled. "Are you alright? You look tense," Justin asked the brunette. She simply smiled, not answering.

"So this is your safe hideout," Jace commented. "Do you think the Clave was gonna look here?" Clary questioned him. "Can we please focus on the matter at hand? Unless no one here cares thay the Clave is planning on murdering Meliorn," Isabelle snapped. Justin sent her a sad look, now understanding why was she acting the way she was.

"They think Meliorn has more infromation on Valentine and the attack than he's saying," Jace explained to the three newcomers. "They're taking him to the Silent Brothers."

"We have to stop them!" Clary said. "That's the plan, Clary. Rescue and recovery."

"We get him from the guards, in and out, no one gets hurt," Isabelle told them. "You want us to go up against the Silent Brothers, and an elite Shadowhunter guard unit?" Clary asked her. "That would be pretty badass if you ask me," Justin added. Clary sent him a look silently telling him he's not helping. "Not that any of you asked, so, I'll just be quiet."

"Without any backup?" Luke questioned the hunters after Justin backed down from the conversation. "Pretty much suns it up, yeah." Jace nodded. "Is Alec coming?" At the question, Isabelle glanced at Justin, the redhead not missing the look and furrowing his eyebrows, confusion written on his face.

"No. Not this time."

"If they're doing this to Seelies, no Downworlder is safe. But we can't go in alone, not if we don't want to be detected," Clary said. Justin pointed at her, thibking back at his previous words and realizing she was right.

"My pack will track the unit, create a distracion," Luke offered. "I would suggest vampires, but... I doubt they'll cooperate," Simon said. "As I hate to agree with Simon, vamps aren't exactly team ," Jace uttered.

"Let me talk to Raphael. I think I can persuade him."

As they started walking back to the building, Justin stood his ground, catching the attention of the group. "I think I'll just stay outside. You guys figure that out."

Isabelle decided to stay back with him while the others negotiated with the vampires, whatever it takes. "Why didn't you want to go back inside?" She asked him. "It brings bad memories. And, I threatened Raphael earlier so I don't think I'll be useful," he answered, wrapping his arms around his chest.

Isabelle considered telling Justin there what Alec had done, but with the state the redhead was she thought it was better to wait. She knew I'll come bite her in the ass but she didn't nees to put more pressure on him than necessary.