S E V E N

Justin is in his new apartment. It felt weird living alone, he was so used to having Clary around, and his mother, and being at the Institute. Although having Magnus as a neighbor was a pro, he still had some doubts that this wasn't going to work.

It's been some time since his mother's funeral and in that time, Alec was still distant with him, and Justin knew he still felt guilty about what happened. And he voiced those concerns to Magnus, and Isabelle.

One afternoon, after Justin was finishing unpacking and exploring the newly redecorated apartment, courtesy of Magnus, the High Warlock of Brooklyn shot him a quick text message, asking him to come to his loft. The redhead furrowed his eyebrow but complied anyway.

He exited his own apartment and knocked on Magnus' door. The door opened a second later but Justin was met by no one at the other side. "Magnus!" He entered the apartment and walked to the living room. To say he was surprised to see Alec there was an understatement. "Alec. What are you doing here?"

"I called him." Justin turned to look at his friend and sighed. "What's the meaning of all this?" Magnus walked towards the redhead and leaned closer to him. "I know you're sad and not okay and I know the distance with Alec has been affecting you and him so I thought it would be a good idea for the two of you to go out."

Justin's heart warmed at the sentiment. This is why Magnus is his best friend. Justin hugged him tightly, taking the warlock by surprise, but a second later he reciprocated the action. "Well, you two better get going."

Alec smiled at Justin, something he didn't do quite often. "Shall we?" The older hunter asked. Justin nodded and sent the warlock a small smile. As Magnus watched the two Shadowhunters leave his apartment and go to their destination, he fished his phone out of his pocket and dialed the number he had in mind. "And while you're at that, I'll have some fun with Mr. Graywood."

The environment at the Hunters Moon was very upbeat and unknown for the two Shadowhunters there. Justin was never a party person when he was living his mundane life, even if he did attend some of the college parties, so the situation was quite strange to him.

The lady behind the bar placed the two beers they ordered in front of Justin, which he took them and handed one to Alec. They clank glasses in a toast manner. They drank it simultaneously and Justin noticed Alec made a weird face at his beverage. "Not much of a drinker, huh?" Alec chuckled. "Yeah."

Justin laughed and took another big gulp of his beer. "Want to play some pool?" Alec nodded and the two made their way to one of the tables, taking each a stick and setting their drinks on the edge of the table besides them.

Alec was the one to start the game, being really good at it. "You see that? It's just like archery. It's all about the aim, Justin." The redhead rolled his eyes at his cockiness. "Who knew there were so many similarities?"

Alec stared at him and noticed his annoyed expression. He sighed and got ready for his next shot. He crouched and did his play but unfortunately he missed. "Can't win 'em all." Alec went to take a drink as Justin prepared for his turn.

The redhead didn't know much about archery like Alec but he did have some experience in his tragic college years with pool. The ridiculous frat parties he was invited and surprisingly attended to always had the men competing in the game, he did pick up a few things.