T W O

After that night with Valentine, Justin felt more at home. Even though his father revealed his real intentions with him, Justin couldn't help but shake them off his head each time Valentine asked him to come train with him.

The treatments were far less now than when he first got there, Valentine believing he was good to go now. And Justin was grateful for that, he couldn't tolerate any more pain or injections. The redhead still didn't understand why he was still receiving a doses when Jace was okay but due to fear, he never asked.

Right now, thanks to Valentine's orders, Justin was gathered with the newly turned Shadowhunters at the top of the boat training. For a strange reason Justin was standing far away from the group, a personal trainer with him. The older man was firing orders at him, Justin rolling his eyes with each response. The sweat trickled down his body, his skin feeling icky at the watery substance but he was not stopping.

The Shadowhunter threw him a seraph blade and instructed him to stand by a dummy. Justin did as he was told and followed his orders once again. His instructor reminded him of Mason Davis, and he just hoped he could see him again, but Justin knew that with his new life, that was not a choice.

As the man barked moves and detailed commands to him, Justin grew more aggravated by the second. This man thought he was weak and new to this world but he was wrong, he's been doing it since he was a kid. His frustration go the best of him so he sliced right through the dummy and placed the blade against his trainer's throat.

The man looked terrified. Justin's eyes were a dark color, almost like piercing through his soul. "I know what I'm doing." His voice was practically demonic, the sound sending a chill through the man's spine.

"Son, drop your weapon and stand down." At Valentine's words, Justin stepped back and released the sword, the weapon clattering to the ground. He turned to his father, finding his brother there too, and waited for his punishment. "I need you to come with us."

Valentine placed a bundle of clothes on a box and turned around. Jace stood frozen for a second, still processing what just happened, before following reluctantly after Valentine. He took the shirt, changing his sweaty one, and the jacket and followed.

Somehow the wait turned to be longer than Justin expected. The sun turned into a bright moon, and that's when they were on the move. A Portal was opened for them, and Justin wondered how many Downworlders were forced to work for Valentine. The older man was the first to step through, Jace following immediately after him, and after hesitating for a second, Justin step through.

They were back on land. Buildings surrounded them, and for once Justin hoped they were people around. But he was out of luck. Valentine guided them to a particular local. It was a pizza place Justin has never heard of. "We're stopping for pizza?" Jace questioned the older man. "Reggie served the best pie in all of Brooklyn. Note the past tense." He took a deep breath. "When Reggie's wife, Maria, turned into a vampire, she slaughtered Reggie and created a den inside."

Getting annoyed by the stalling and lack of answers, Jace rolled his eyes. "What does this has to do with us?" Valentine stepped in front of them, grabbing their shoulders. "You really think love will keep you from hurting your family and friends? No matter how hard you fight it, demon blood will make you kill. It start in small ways. Urges." Justin zoned out the rest of his words, thinking back to his life.