E L E V E N

Justin spent the whole morning pacing around his house, finding the right way to confront Alec about what happened at the party. He didn't want to be too blunt, but he didn't want things to go by unnoticed and unspoken. He wanted to help, because just like Alec, he have had those thoughts too.

Justin walked to the balcony, finding Alec there, overlooking the city. "Alec." The older Shadowhunter turned to look at his boyfriend with a soft smile. "Hey."

Justin stepped forward and stood beside him. The redhead sighed, still wondering how were they going to start a conversation. "Should we talk about it?" Was the first thing he said. Alec frowned, not knowing what Justin wanted to talk about.

"Don't look at me like that, Alec. Look, I know things may seem bleak, but... My life's has been pretty shitty, and I've seen some horrible things, but nothing was as devastating as seeing you standing on that ledge."

Alec took a deep breath and turned to look at Justin. He placed a hand on his shoulder, giving it a small squeeze. "It was the magic. I would never, never-" Justin didn't allow him to finish his sentence. "I know that. But magic cant's create fears, only bring them out. That's what Magnus tells me."

The look on Justin's face was what brought Alec to the realization that maybe that was a bit true. "Look, Alec, you don't have to explain yourself. I've been through it, too. Just promise you'll tell me if things ever get bad. Don't bottle it up." Alec smiled, and nodded.

Before the couple could continue with their activities, Logan Graywood stepped through the door, alerting the two Shadowhunters of his presence. Justin rolled his eyes, and walked to him. "If one more person enters my home without announcing, I will literally stab them."

Logan ignored his threat, and jumped right to his announcement. "You need to come to Magnus'. It's Clary." Those words were enough for Justin, as the redhead bolted out of the room and to his best friend's house.

Once Justin was inside Magnus exquisite home, he noticed Jace Wayland was also there. The warlock was doing his magic on Clary's hand, for some unknown reason, while the girl whimpered in pain.

"What the hell happened?"

Justin's words stayed in the air while Magnus finished his things, before looking at the Fray girl. "La Chair Brulee." Clary stared at him, waiting for an explanation. "I'm guessing that's not a dessert."

"It means the burnt flesh. It's an old blood oath spell." Justin's thought gravitated towards a certain redheaded warlock that it made his blood boil. "Then it must be Iris," Alec confirmed Justin's suspicion. "She said you owed her a favor.

"At Max's party, she said I have to find Madzie," Clary said, remembering what was asked of her. "Then we better start looking," Magnus ordered. "I can get rid of the pain, but that's about it. I'm afraid once the magic reaches your heart..."

Justin's heart thumped on his chest at Magnus' words. He may be a bit aggravated at Clary for everything, and with the spell on Max's party, but he didn't want to lose his sister. He already lost so much, and he couldn't handle losing the one constant thing in her life. He couldn't do it.

He was so focused on his thoughts of being left alone that he didn't hear the rest of the conversation. This was not gone unnoticed by Clary nor Magnus, the first being the one that was going to talk to him.