S E V E N T E E N

Justin quickly knocked on the door, Magnus opening only seconds after. The warlock noticed the distressed expression on the redhead's face and opened the door wide open.

"What happened?"

"He was attacked!" Simon answered as he and Clary helped Luke in. "He needs a warlock. He needs you," Clary said.

"Put him here," Magnus ordered as Justin helped him lay a white cloth over the sofa. "Where are you?" Luke muttered.

"Luke..." "I can't find you," the werewolf continued. Clary tried shushing him, hoping to stop the pain he was in. It was pointless.

"Where are... where are you? Where are you?"

"What is happening?" Justin asked, trying to figure out what was wrong with Luke. "Jocelyn! Jocelyn..." Luke panted.

"No, Luke, it's Clary. Can you hear me?" The youngest Fray questioned. "Clary, listen to me. Listen... You have to listen to me. I have to tell you, just in case-"

"No, don't even say it, don't." Clary exclaimed. "No, listen to me. You need to know," Luke continued. "Was he bitten by an alpha?" Magnus asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Three, two, one..." as Magnus finished counting, Luke shot ip from the couch growling, his eyes flashing green.

"That's badass."

When everyone turned to look at him, Justin shrugged nonchalantly. "Not the time but it's true."

"Where do you think you're going?" Simon questioned the warlock when Magnus left the room. "Hold him down."

Justin pushed Simon away and took his place, holding Luke in place so he wouldn't endanger anyone. The werewolf was groaning in pain, trashing around the furniture.

Magnus came back with a bowl and some kind of leaf in his hands. "We don't have a lot of time," the Downworlder said as he placed the leaf thing in Luke's mouth.

"It'll take a few moments to take effect," Magnus informed. "What's happening to him?" Clary asked.

"Random werewolf transformation. It's a side effect from the poison in the alpha bite." As Luke calmed down, Justin released his grip on him and stood up.

The ginger boy followed after Magnus and came back with bandages to cure Luke's wounds. After doing that, both left the room and went to the kitchen, Magnus doing his warlock thing while Justin assisted.

"He's going to be okay, right?" Magnus noticed the tired expression in Justin's face and sighed. "Most likely, red."

Justin smiled at the nickname, glad to hear it after a long time. "Help me with this," Magnus ordered. Justin took a cauldron and walked back to the living room after Magnus.

"The bark will stop the transformation for now, but Luke needs an antidote to stop the poison in his system. And I don't have all the ingredients here."

"Just tell me what you need and how to get it," Clary said. "No, you stay here. Luke will need you if he wakes up," Magnus ordered as he walked around all over his loft and balcony.

"When he wakes up."

The warlock turned his attention to the redheaded boy and nodded.

"I'll go," two voices said at the same time. "Jace, what happened to you?" Magnus turned the blond Shadowhunter's face to the side, blood oozing from his nose.

"Luke's car may have found its way into a pole while I was stashing it," Jace answered. Justin snorted at him in amusement. "I don't do mundane driving."

"Yeah, apparently."

"What do you need for the antidote?" He asked after whipping his face with a napkin. "Hey, I got this," Simon argued.

"Phoenix eyes, moon salt and Idris fulgurite," Magnus listed. "One trip to the pharmacy, it'll take two seconds." Simon went to walk out but Jace's hand on his chest stopped him.

"You're incredibly stupid if you think that'll be in a mundane pharmacy, Simon."

"I know a guy. And, uh... I don't need him," Jace said. Simon stared at Jace's hand in slight disgust before shoving it away. "Too bad. You're getting me. We'll be right back."

"One more thing," Magnus called, making the two males stop in their tracks. "I need Alexander."

"Uh, why do you need Alec?" Jace questioned. Magnus sent a subtle look to Justin and once again set his gaze on the arrogant blond. "Virgin Shadowhunter energy."

"That explains so much," Simon commented. "Um, Alec, yeah... I can't," Jace said.

"I'll do it."

All eyes turned to the Fray boy and he shrugged. "He's mad at you, not me." Jace nodded in appreciation and took a hold of Simon's jacket, pulling him out of the loft.

"Just don't speak to me."

"I bet those two will be great friends in the future," Justin told his sister. Clary sent him a blank look and went to check up on Luke. "Okay, then."

"Call Alexander."

Justin stepped outside and overlooked the city as he pulled his phone out, dialling Alec's number. He waited for him to pick up. The Lightwood's voice rang through the redhead's ear in urgency.

"You need to get back to the Institute."

"Hello to you too, Alec. But first, you need to help me," Justin answered. "No, I'm not messing around," Alec said.

"And I am? I need your help," Justin told him. "You okay?" Justin's heart skipped a beat at Alec's words. Did this guy cared about him that much? Probably not.

"I'm fine. It's Magnus. He needs your powerful Shadowhunter energy, or something like that. I don't get why he didn't ask Clary and me but whatever helps him," Justin explained.

"Magnus... Why does Magnus need me?" Alec asked. "To help save Luke's life," Justin said, closing his eyes and waiting for his response.

"No, I told Jace at the wolf den, no more Downworlder business. We can't be seen as interfering with a pack alpha dispute. How can you even ask me-"

Justin stoped Alec's complains with a sigh. "You know what? Forget it, you don't like Downworlders, I know. I thought you'll do the right thing here." And with that, he hung up.

Justin walked back to inside and saw how his sister was staring at Luke. A look of sadness in her eyes.

He felt bad. He had the simple task to get Alec there and he failed. And now, one of the most important people in his sister's life was in the brink of death.

And what scares him the most is that Clary's going to hate him even more.