O N E

Pain. That's all Justin felt as the needle was injected and the liquid entered his body. He felt how it burned him and how he furiously wanted it all to end. He didn't know what were the Shadowhunters doing to him and why.

A scream left his lips, the sensation too familiar but Justin couldn't piece together why. The Circle members paid no mind to the screaming boy, finishing their task successfully. They waited patiently as Justin screamed in pain. As the time passed, Justin's struggles aubsided as the boy fell against the bed in exhaustation. Beads of sweat littered his forehead as the Circle Members uncuffed him and dragged him to another room at the sub-levels od the boat.

They caged him and left him there, the boy closing his eyes to regain his energy. Growling and hissing woke the boy up from his slumber. His eyes opened and he came face to face with people, Downworlders, inside cages. He looked around him and frowned. Why was he there?

Suddenly, two figures fell from the top, one was Jace and the other was Valentine. "Jace?" Justin called. The blond Shadowhunter insoected his surroundings, his eyes widening as he saw Justin inside one of the cages.

Clary the came running into the room, furrowing her plucked eyebrows at the sight of her brother there too. "What is this place?" Clary asked. "Looks like a Downworld prision," Jace stated. Justin pushed against the door, looking for a way to get out. "I'm not a Downworlder, so why am I here?" Justin grumbled.

"Where's the Portal?" Jace asked. Clary then took her stele out, running it over a rune, turning back to her original form. Valentine was now standing where Clary was. "Your skills may be unparalleled... but your loyalty is sorely lacking."

Circle members came running, trapping Jace as Valentine inserted a needle on his neck, injecting the liquid. "String him up." The followers did as the leader said, taking Jace away. "What about the redhead?" Valentine stopped in his tracks and turned around. "Take him back, and continue the procedure."

"Ahhhh!"

Justin closed his eyes in pain, the burning sensation was back as more liquid was injected into his bloodstream. He trashed around the table, the cuffs restraining his movements. All he wanted to do was make the pain stop. He wanted to claw his chest out just to stop the pain.

The man took the syringe out and placed it on a tray. He sat down and cleaned his hands, waiting for the screams to subside. Beads of sweat ran down the side of his face, the pain going down a bit. Valentine entered the room and stared at his son. He too waited until the loud noise stopped and approached the red head.

"Get dressed. Your brother, you and I have a lot to talk about." Valentine uncuffed the boy, Justin rolling to his side and falling down the table woth a tud. The Circle Member pull him up to his feet, throwing him a shirt to put on. Justin scowled at the man and put the fabric on.

He was pushed around the ship until they arrived to a room, Jace and Valentine already there. "Mmm. Neexs pecorino, hmm?" Valentine said, tsating the sauce he was making. Justin squinted his eyes and almost bashed his head against the doorframe.

"Do you remember your fifth birthday? And I made you spaghetti? Ypur absolute favorite." Jace rolled his eyes at the bald man. "Michael Wayland used ti make me spaghetti."

"Just try some." Valentine stepped away from the stove to wlt the blond hunter step closer. "You really think we want to have a meal with you?" Justin saw how Jace eyed the knifes in the kinfe holder and how the blond took one and aim it at Valentine's neck but the older hunter was faster and dodged the attack, the knife lodging into the wall far away from them. "Didn't I teach you not to play with knives? Look, I know thay head of ypurs is full of questions. Both of you. So, go ahead. Don't be shy."

"Why did you fake your deatg and pretend to be Michael Wayland?" Jace asked. "To protect you from my enemies. As Michael Wayland, I knew you'd be safe."

Justin zoned out of the conversation, thinking about all the questions he had. Why didn't he ran away with him as he did with Jace? Why are the Circle Members injecting something in his bloodstream by Valentine's request? What was the liquid? Was that the reason he always felt different, even when he reunited with Shadowhunters?

Valentine the ran his stele over a rune, activating it. He took a hold of both Jace and Justin amd the redhead sumerged into a vision. His eyes turned black as he grunted.

He saw his mother sleeping, then a bottle of blue liquid, the same one they were administering him, and Valentine inserting the needle on her growing bump. Flashes of a baby bloodstream and DNA changing were seen and Justin knew that wasn't a good sign.

He was pulled away from the vision as Valentine released their arms. "You experimented on us?" Jace asked. Justin had tears clouding his vision. "I made you stronger, faster... more lethal than any other Shadowhunter."

"Why?" Justin choked out. "To create the perfect weapob, the ideal marriage of good and evil. Shadowhunters with pure demon blood."

That night, Justin couldn't sleep. His father's words were repeating itself all over again inside his head. He now understood why he was his greatest pride and creation. He was just an experiment, Valentine never loved him. He loved the idea of him. Justin felt like a fool, confusing that obsession Valentine had with the love he always wanted to feel.

At about 11 at night, Valentine came looking for his son, dragging him to the top of the ship. "We didn't have a lot of time when ypubwere younger, so this is the perfect time to do it. I'll train you just like I did with your brother."

Justin couldn't help but nod. Valentine handed him his seraph blade and they began sparring. Valentine gave him tips as they continued fighting and for once in his life, Justin felt normal.

Author's Note:
I'm sorry for the long wait. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
So last night we got some pretty upsetting news and t kind of put me off for a while but I managed to finish the chapter.
Honestly, this show made me see the world in a different way and I'm glad I found it. I'm still hoping some miracle happens and the show can continue hut if it doesn't, I'm so proud of the cast and crew that worked on this show and I will always support them. Let's just wait.
Thank you for reading.