N I N E

A little boy was squirming around his crib. Small cries escaping from his mouth. His father entered the room and looked at him.

"Don't worry, Justin. You'll be fine."

He took a look at the other baby besides him and smiled wickedly.

"You're both going to be fine."

Valentine Morgenstern admired his sons, his creations. He was proud of himself and of them. The progress was slow and steady and soon they'll be ready.

•••

"You're shielding him from the truth, Jocelyn. You better tell him who he really is," the cat eyed warlock said.

"No. I want him to have a normal life. He needs to protect his sister and this is the only way."

•••

"Magnus!"

The Asian man turned around and kneeled in front of the young boy. "Hey, red. How's everything going?"

Justin smiled widely, his eyes lighting up. "I'm getting stronger and faster. Mom says my training is working. Soon I'll be jut like her."

Magnus stared at him with sad eyes. This innocent boy was obligated to train and be a soldier just to protect his sister but who's going to protect him?

"Why don't you go to the other room and I'll be there when I finish this up, huh?" Justin complied and ran to the bedroom Magnus had setup for him.

"So you're already training him? He's just a little boy Jocelyn." The mother rolled her eyes. "Every time we come here, you always say the same thing. I'm not changing my mind. For neither of them."

•••

Isabelle entered the room and found Justin squirming around on his bed. She speed walked towards him and started shaking him.

"Justin! Justin, hey wake up."

The redhead shoot up from his bed, almost smacking against Isabelle's forehead. "Are you okay?"

He nodded and rubbed his eyes. "I'm fine. What's up?" Izzy squinted her eyes and studied him. He had dark bags under his eyes and sweat dripping from his forehead.

Isabelle Lightwood knew that Justin Fairchild was not okay, in fact he had a nightmare and it scared him.

"Clary figured out who erased her memories so we're having a meeting," Izzy informed him. "Thank you, I'll just go change and meet you out there."

"Magnus Bane. He's over 300 years old. And, as you can see, he's not exactly shied away from the pleasure of every century. His tastes are both exquisite... and quite excessive," Hodge informed the Shadowhunters as he flickered through some photos.

Justin was bored, already knowing who Magnus was, due to his close friendship with the warlock.

"He looks like the Downworld's David Guetta," Clary voiced. "Guetta's already a Downworlder. Vampire? Ever seen him in the daylight?" Isabelle chirped.

"Can you two focus? This is not a joke," Alec interrupted. "Someone needs to get slayed."

"Alec's right." Hodge scolded Isabelle, who shrugged nonchalantly. "Now, Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters."

"Well, then why did he help my mom remove my memories? Isn't she a Shadowhunter?"

Justin rolled his eyes, knowing the answer to that question. "Yes, mom's one of the best out there. But Magnus didn't "help" her as you say, she had to pay him for his magic."

"Another thing you knew that didn't bother to tell me?" Clary asked her brother angrily. Justin flared his nose and ignored her, letting the meeting continue.

"Warlocks usually require payment before they help anyone with anything," Jace added, taking a seat besides the Lightwood boy. "Word from the Clave is that most of the warlocks have gone into hiding since Valentine began hunting them," Alec informed.

"Valentine must be searching for the warlock, where did Jocelyn-" Hodge grunted as his Circle rune started burning him.

"So how do we find Magnus?" Clary asked. "We don't. Magnus finds us. We'll set up a meeting somewhere protected. Lure him out of hiding," Jace told her.

"And I know exactly where we do it." Isabelle hopped off the table and took the tablet out of the trainer's hands. She swipe a couple of time until a party pamphlet was displayed.

"A Downworld rave. Nice, Izzy," Jace praised. Her brother raised his eyebrows in suspicion. "And where'd you get that?"

"During my surveillance of the Downworlders. From what I hear, Magnus likes to party." Justin smirked. "That, he loves."

"He'll never go for it. Not with Valentine trying to kill him," Alec shit down the idea. "Of course he will. He'll blend in. Hide in plain sight," Jace argued.

"I don't know, it seems-" Clary was cut of by Isabelle. "Trust me. If Magnus is coming out of hiding, he's going to one of the biggest parties of the year."

"Never underestimate Magnus' hedonism. Or his greed. Come with me."

Hodge guided the group to the training room, crouching down and tracing one of the tiles on the floor.

A beautiful necklace was displayed and Hodge took it with caution, shadowing it to the hunters. "Is that real?"

"A four-karat unheated Burmese ruby. And this necklace has a special meaning to Magnus Bane as it was a gift from him to his then lover, Camille Belcourt."

The ginger snorted. "Of course Magnus would go for the crazy ass vampire lady."

"Magnus bought it in 1857 for the price of this London townhouse. Now, the jewel is enchanted by a spell that alerts the wearer to the presence of demons. Magnus has longed to reunite with this necklace. Offer it to him. He might just take the bait," Hodge said.

"I'll send Magnus a fire message to arrange the meeting. We have to get to Magnus before Valentine does." Jace started to walk way, only to have Justin take a hold of his wrist.

"Mention my name on there. That may convince him a lot more than an unknown Shadowhunter with the name Jace Wayland."

The blond rolled his eyes at the boy but nodded nonetheless.