T H I R T E E N

Justin was back in that room his mother was in. A bald man was standing above her, a stele in hand. "Nice to see you too, Justin."

"You want your mother? Give me the Cup!" The man snapped. "And you should come and join me too."

The next morning, after a terrible sleep, Justin woke up and walked out of his room in search for someone to talk to.

Luckily, Isabelle was the first person who saw him and she sped walk to him. She took a look at him and frowned.

The boy had dark bags under his eyes, his hair was really messy and he looked like he pulled an all nighter. "Justin, are you okay? You look horrible."

Justin rubbed his eyes and yawned. "I had a bad night but I'll be fine. Have you seen Jace or Alec? I have something important to talk about."

Izzy pointed to the rooms, not knowing their exact location but having an idea. The redhead nodded in appreciation and walked off.

The Lightwood furrowed her eyebrows. What was going on with this boy? And why did he looked like he wasn't sleeping at all?

"Guys," Justin said as he saw the group of people inside Jace's room. Three pairs of eyes turned to him and all three frowned, also noticing his terrible appearance.

"There's something going on and I don't know how to stop it," Justin added. Alec urged him to continue speaking and he complied. "I, somehow, spoke to Valentine last night."

The three looked at each other, having a silent conversation between them. "Do you happen to have something like this?" Jace asked him, showing him Clary's necklace.

"Yeah, my bracelet." Justin showed it to him.

"Take it off. That's what making you see him," Alec ordered. He turned to Jace and extended his arm. "Let me take a look at those things."

Jace placed the necklace in his hand, Justin doing the same to the bracelet. The redhead felt a weigh lifting off his shoulders when he handed over the jewellery.

"Now, they're in the proper hands."

Alec exited the room, Clary following after him, complaining. Justin didn't want to get involved, feeling relived without having something that linked him with his father.

"Wayland, do you need a training partner?"

Jace stopped his movements and turned to the voice. Justin was standing there, workout clothes on.

"You been here like four days, you can't take me," Jace said, cockily. "I've been training my whole life. Self defence and martial arts. I can survive. Besides, I saved your ass back at Pandemonim when we met."

Jace smirked and threw him a staff. Justin prepared, going to his end of the mat.

"Ready?"

The redhead nodded and with that the two young adults started. The staffs hit each other as their owners kicked and punched. Jace, feeling he had the upper hand, kicked Justin's chest making the Fray stumble back a couple of steps.