Chapter Two: File Room

Your pov
"Kenshirou." I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose in clear annoyance.

"Yes?" He stood tall, wanting appraisal for the massive amount of fruits and vegetables he brought.

"You brought an entire farm. I told you to stop this." I huffed.

"You barely finished your food. Once you finished with your report, you left. You need to eat more foods with vitamins." He motioned to the pile of fruit and vegetables.

"Yes, yes. I know." I grumbled before shoving him out of the file room. "Now leave."

"But-" He tried to stop himself from being pushed away.

"Out!" I shouted, making him flinch before nodding and leaving.

     I sighed, mumbling under my breath about a few of the vegetables I disliked. "Uh, excuse me. Hey." The orange haired supervisor appeared in front of me, a lopsided smile on his face.

"Did you need something, supervisor?" I asked him.

"You can call me Samon. I-if you want to that is." He stuttered, nervous.

"Do you need something?" I asked again, quickly getting tired of this.

"Kenshirou said you really fixed up the file room. So, I just wanted to see it for myself." He let out a nervous laugh.

"You're doubting my skills, huh? Typical of men." I sighed, turning away to enter the file room.

"No, no, no! Nothing like that!" He waved his hands frantically. "I've tried cleaning it before, but it was just so much! I just wanted to see it that's all!"

"Unless you have something to file, I'm afraid I can't help you. So, please come back when there's something that needs filing." Another sigh left me as I ushered him to leave.

"Then I'll, uh, comeback." He rubbed the back of his neck before awkwardly leaving.

     I grumbled under my breath at his actions. "Fine." I huffed loudly. "You can see, but don't touch anything."

"Of course. I won't touch a thing." He smiled, keeping his hands close to himself.

     I sidestepped, allowing him to pass by me and enter the file room. Once inside, an auditable awe came from him. "It took me awhile to clean everything. And even longer to sort everything since it was just thrown everywhere." A heavy sigh left me.

"Wow! You really did good with this place!" He exclaimed, looking around. "I remember there being so much paper scattered all over the floor." He laughed.

"I know. It took me years to fix it." I nodded in agreement, eating a few fruit Kenshirou brought me. "Anyways I still have some filing to do, so if you could go."

"Sure. I'll, uh, be back later with my report." He nodded, beginning to leave.

"You can just slide the file into the drop box." I told him.

"I don't want to put more work on you. I can do it. If you're okay with that." He stammered.

"Sure. That's fine." I responded, not really paying attention to what he said as I grabbed a file that just entered the drop box.

"Great! Uh, I mean, I'll be back later then." He nervously laughed before leaving.

"Ugh. I hate Kiji's glitter pens." I groaned as I went to print another copy of his form to use black pen instead. "So much more work."

     I grumbled under my breath as I continued with work.

.

     A heavy sigh left me as I leaned back in my chair, massaging my temples to hopefully relieve some of the pain. As I huffed in pain, there was a knock at the door. "Who's there?" I huffed as I left my office and went towards the entrance to the file room.

     I opened the door to find Samon standing outside with a bag of food in his hands. "Why're you here? It's late." I asked, confused.

"Ah, you said I could come back to file the report. I also thought you might be hungry." He smiled as he raised the bag higher.

"Oh, that's right." I vaguely remembered what he said earlier. "You didn't need to bring anything but the file. I would've just eaten something at my apartment." I moved to let him in.

"It's no trouble." He waved me off, entering the file room.

"Well, I guess I should show you how to file before anything else." I closed the door before turning to him.

"We shouldn't let the food get cold, right?" He tilted his head.

"You did go through the trouble of getting it." I rubbed my temple. "Okay. Follow me."

     I waved my hand and began to make my way to my office. He followed after me before I closed the door behind us. I sat down on my couch, motioning for him to follow. "I didn't know what you liked, so I just got the same thing." He stammered slightly, awkwardly sitting down.

"That's fine. I don't care." I shrugged as he laid the food out for us.

     He nodded as we began to eat.

.

     After a very silent, and very awkward meal, I began to tell him how to file. "Since I'm the only one with a key, just send an email that you're dropping by so I can let you in." I said as we now exited my office and went towards the large file shelves. "Once I let you in, find your building shelf."

"I was wondering why they had numbers now." He said once we made it towards his building's shelves.

"I found it to be a lot easier when organizing. Anyways, I have them all in order by month. So, any files from this month goes into this drawer." I said, pointing to one higher than I could reach. "Before putting it in the file, I'd look to make sure everything is correct and written in. But since your's always is, I skim over it."

"Oh, thanks." He stared up at the drawer, cheeks slightly red. "That's a good system too." He nodded, putting the file in the drawer. "I should start filing like that too." He muttered under his breath, yet I still heard.

"You know, you're really not like your brother." I blurted out, immediately wanting to hit myself.

"Huh?" He turned, a shocked expression on his face.

"Not, like, 'you'll never be like him' or that I'm trying to bash him because he's still your brother." I waved my hands, trying to not offend anymore than I already have. "I meant that if I told him how I filed, he'd say 'that's stupid. Memorize it.' Or something like that."

"Yeah. He'd probably say something like that." He shook his head, a nostalgic smile on his face.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to be rude or anything." I turned away. "I don't think before I say something because I only talk to Miss Hyakushiki or Kenshirou. And sometimes Mitsuru if he's here to annoy me." I huffed at the thought of that idiot as I grabbed the large amount of files in the drop box.

"Here. Let me help." He offered, holding his arms our for me to give him some files.

"It's fine. You don't even work here. I'm not going to make you pick up after me." I kept the files close to me.

"I don't mind." He said before taking the files from me.

"You're so stubborn." I huffed. "But I'm taking building three's files. Kiji likes using glitter pens so I have to redo his files." A heavy sigh left me.

     He nodded, looking through the files to find building three's files and handed them to me. "You already know what needs to be in there, so I'll let you get it to." I told him, turning to re-print all of Kiji's files.