Chapter Twelve: Memories

Your pov
     My computer rang, signaling I had received an email.

'Could you come back to building five? I have something important to tell you.
-Samon'

     Was the email I had received, an annoyed sigh leaving me. "If it isn't an apology, I'm going to suffocate him." I clicked my tongue, leaving my work and making my way to building five.

.

     I entered the building, an eerie silence following suit. I met up with Officer Hakkai, a shit eating grin on his face. "Do you know where Supervisor Gokuu is? He asked to speak with me." I asked him.

"Oh, yeah. He's over in the office." His smile seemed to widen as he stepped to the side and let me pass through.

     As I was about to ask him another question, everything suddenly went black.

.

     I woke up in a cold cell, black shackles on my hands. "Hey, hey." A voice gently called out to me, getting my attention to a bloody Samon; his arms tied above his head. "He didn't hurt you, right?"

"Who cares?!" I shouted, standing up and rushing to him. "What happened to you?!"

"It was..." He turned to the side, struggling to get his words out. "It was Enki."

     Just the name alone made my body cold and tense, worried even uttering his name would bring him to us. "No... No, he's locked away." My voice waved, struggling to keep the frightened tears from spilling.

"He broke free. I tried to stop him... but I couldn't." He hung his head in shame, his voice weak.

"He can't... He can't..." My breathing haggard, fear crawling up my spine.

     I fell onto the hard floor, trying to convince myself there was no way he could have escaped. No matter how hard I tried to push my memories aside, they still came back to haunt me.

"Did you hear that Enki-san killed an inmate?" I overheard someone talking from the break room, instantly catching my attention.

"I know! He was already scary looking. Now that he actually killed someone, I'm even more scared of him!" Another person shivered in fear.

     'There's no way he could have killed someone.' I leaned against the wall, clutching my files in shock. 'I need to ask him myself.' With my mind made up, I rushed towards building five's underground prison.

.

     I arrived at building five, quietly making my way to their lower cells where he would be. He sat in a large cell, back turned away from me. "Ah, Enki-san... It's me, (Y/n)." My voice barely auditable, forcing myself to get closer to his cell.

"You should not be here." His deep voice boomed, not turning around to face me.

"Well... I, um, heard about what happened. I needed to know if it was true." His voice shook me to my core, my voice even more shaky.

"If you don't know the answer to that, then you shouldn't be here. Now, leave me." He demanded, voice quickly rising in anger.

"But I-" I was instantly cut off by him.

"I SAID GET OUT!!" He shouted, a sharp rock narrowly missing my eye; my body frozen in place.

     A warm trickle made it's way down my face, my hand touching my cheek at the liquid. On my bright white glove was a vivid pool of red, my knees weakening at the sight. With no support to my legs due to the anxiety rushing through my body, I fell onto the floor; my breath stuck in my throat. "Get out." He turned to me, a menacing glare in his eyes.