Chapter Six: Duchess

Your pov
     He returned just as fast, a pot of some flowers were in his hands. "Here." He offered the pot to me, surprising me. "Uh, welcome to the apartment." A crooked smile was on his face as I now held the pot.

" A crooked smile was on his face as I now held the pot

"My, these are beautiful." I awed at the flowers and their vibrant colors.

"They're Alstroemerias, or they're also called Peruvian Lily. And also Lily of the Incas." He explained, proud of his knowledge.

"You really grew them yourself?" I asked, astonishment in my voice.

"And I name them too." He had a smile on his face at my reactions.

"Really?" A small chuckle left me. "What did you name this one. Lily?" I teased him slightly, finding it adorable.

"Ariya." The name has caught me off guard because it wasn't a basic name for just a plant. "It means noble. If I were artsy, I would've painted it on the pot for you." He chuckled, embarrassed.

"Now you're in luck." I spoke up, surprising him. "While I do like things organized, I was into the arts as a child."

"Looks like you'll have to paint all of their names then." He joked, making us both laugh.

Samon's pov
     My heart feels like it could jump out of my chest with how her laughter and smile spin my head around. I've barely been around her long, and yet I've fallen harder than I could've imagined: for no apparent reason as well. She seemed so cold when I first met her. Now, seeing her smile and laugh, I can see she's a warm person. "You know," She spoke up, gently caressing the flower. "You're actually very cute."

"Eh?" My whole body flushed red as my heart raced even more.

"You grow plants and even name them. I find that cute." She continued to admire the flowers, allowing me to take in more of her features.

     The more I stared at her, the more I couldn't look away. Suddenly, there was a knock at her door. "I just barely moved in. How could I already have a visitor?" She groaned, going to see who was at the door.

     I let out a breath I didn't know I was hold in, trying to calm myself down before I rushed to follow her. She opened the door, revealing a tall male and a lovely doberman. "Great, you're here." (Y/n) seemed relieved as they hugged.

     My heart sank to my stomach as I watched them wrap their arms around each other. 'Is that her boyfriend? Does she have a boyfriend? Who even is he? I've never seen him in any building.' Multiple thoughts crossed my mind before they pulled apart and started to talk. "Oh. Who's that?" He asked her as he pointed to me, glaring down at me.

"Don't sound like a dick." She clicked her tongue and hit him. "This is my supervisor."

     His eyes widened as he moved around anxiously. "Supervisor?" He whispered, voice cracking in fear.

"And you are?" I asked, a haughty tone following suit.

Your pov
     Now it was Samon's turn to glare as the other male was still panicking. "Isamu, this is my supervisor, Samon Gokuu. Samon, this is my stupid brother: Yozakura Isamu." I introduced them both, now both of their faces had the same look of anxiety.

"I thought you only had one brother." Samon meekly spoke.

"I have three brothers actually. Isamu is one of the dumbest." I rubbed my head, ready for this day to end.

"I am not!" He grumbled shouting. "Take your damn dog and piss off." He shoved the leash into my hand, irritated.

"Say goodbye to Duchess you ass clown." I huffed taking the leash off of her collar.

     He quickly bent down, squishing and playing with Duchess's face. "Of course. Da sweet wittle baby will miss her favowite uncle so so much." He cooed, continuing to play with her.

"Alright, alright." I signed, having enough of him. "Get out." Quickly, I ushered him out.

"I'll see you tomorrow, my precious puppy." He babied Duchess one last time as I shoved him out. "And you too I guess." He shrugged as he turned to me.

"I already sent you my schedule so you can watch her. Make sure you double check that." Finally, I got him out of the door and quickly shut it.

     A heavy sigh left me before I turned around, forgetting Samon was still here. "Sorry. All of them are like that." I apologized, Duchess sitting next to me and stared up at Samon.

"And who is this?" He bent down to her level, a small smile creeping back onto his face.

"I suppose I didn't introduce you two." I placed my hand onto Duchess's head, gently stroking her fur. "This is Duchess. She's my beloved companion. Duchess, bow." I instructed her, pulling my hand from her head.

     She stood up, her rear high in the air as her front half leaned into the ground. He awed, astonished at how well trained she is. "You're very smart, aren't you?" Samon laughed as they began to play.

     As they were playing, I began to unbox some of the more important items.

     Not long into their play session, Duchess trotted to me and stared up at me. "Are you hungry, darling? It's almost dinner for you, isn't it?" I asked her while I put more things away even though she can't respond. "What about you, Samon? I could order something."

     He agreed, quickly getting up so we could decide what we should get. Before we could even look to decide what food we want, Duchess barked at me; presumably wanting her dinner. "Yes, your grace. I'll make your food." I gave her a quick pat on the head before going to make her food; allowing Samon to choose whatever he liked.

.

     After eating and cleaning up, we continued to finish the movie we had playing. Duchess had her head laying on my lap as she laid on the couch Samon and I sat on. "She must really love you." Samon spoke up, motioning how she rested on me.

"I'd like to think that she does." I smiled, watching her sleep peacefully. "And she absolutely despises sleeping on the floor." I groaned at how spoiled I made her.

     A loud laughter came from him, causing Duchess to wake up; yawning loudly. "I think someone is ready to sleep." I stroked her chin before yawning as well. "And I am too. I think we should call it a night."

"I agree. It's getting late." Samon nodded, stretching as he stood up.

     His shirt was slightly lifted, just barely showing his toned body. I turned my attention to Duchess to avoid staring for too long before standing up as well. We bid each other a short 'goodnight' before he had left my apartment to return to his. Now, I prepared for bed, Duchess following me every step of the way.