Chapter Four: New Year's Festival

Your pov
     I stood to the right of the warden, watching as the inmates flooded the stadium. Once everyone was here, Kenshirou now began to speak about the tournament. I could just feel in my bones he was enjoying just standing near the warden; peeving me off. Now that he was done, the tournament began.

     As always, building thirteen was dominating over the other buildings. Now, Supervisor Sugoroku and Supervisor Gokuu were battling with large spinning tops. And of course, Supervisor Sugoroku pummeled him. A pang of worried entered my heart as he lost and was now sent to the infirmary. Now that a break was occurring, I went to visit him in the infirmary.

     He was arguing with his deputy as I entered. Samon turned to me, eyes wide before telling his deputy to leave. Said deputy grumbled before getting up and leaving. "Hey. What are you doing here?" He asked, a lopsided smile on his face.

"I came to see if you were okay." I said without thinking about how it sounded.

"O-oh..." His face flushed, looking like his heart would jump out of his chest.

     I cleared my throat and took out a small container from my pocket. "The doctor here gave me this ointment. It's for pain, mainly migraines, but he said it can heal other wound too. So, here." I awkwardly gave it to him, not meeting his eyes.

"Thank you." He nodded, taking it from me; his fingers brushing against mine. "I'll make sure to give it back right after."

     I nodded before leaving the infirmary, trying to calm my heart down. Once I left, I pressed my back to the door and sighing heavily. 'I need to stop acting like this. He's just a normal person. A normal... good looking person...' I quickly shook my head and made my way back to the warden's booth.
     'I'm not going to read into anything else between us. We're just two people talking.' I nodded firmly before I returned to Miss Hyakushiki's side. Now, the last event began. All was going smoothly until two inmates exposed their abilities.
     One could create fire at will while the others' limbs were turned into blades. Three supervisors went for the fire inmate while Supervisor Sugoroku went after his own inmate. I would've went down to assist if Miss Hyakushiki didn't raise her hand to stop me. "Your ribbons would only be burned or cut." She said, watching as the inmates were now being captured.

     Both of us stared down at those in the arena as the tournament now came to its end; building thirteen winning once again. Now with the winner declared, everyone returned to their buildings.

.

     As per usual, I was reading over files and seeing if anything significant happened in any buildings. A 'ding' rang from my computer, signaling I received an email.

'There is a box of files that need to be transferred into building five. Bring that to supervisor Gokuu along with the envelope that was sent to you.'

     Is what an email from Miss Hyakushik said. I surveyed through all the files on the drop box and finally found a manilla envelope through the pile. Near the entrance to the file room was a large cardboard box. I stood from my chair and prepared to take the box out. I grabbed it, preparing to drag it out.
     My fingers slipped from the box as I fell on my rear, not expecting the box to be as heavy as it would be. "Son of a-!" I huffed, scrambling up.

     I tried to move it again, only to be met with the same fate. "Why is it so heavy?! Why couldn't she have made that stupid mutt do it!?" I exclaimed, angry and embarrassed.

     As I was ranting to myself, someone spoke to me. "Did you need help?" A voice from behind startled me.

     A shriek left me, turning to find the one who snuck up on me. "Don't sneak up on people!" I exclaimed. "I almost had a heart attack." A sigh left me as a hand went over my heart.

"Oh! Sorry! I didn't mean-! Are you okay?" Supervisor Gokuu frantically asked.

"Just- why are you here and not at your building?" I asked, catching my breath.

"Oh, I was sent an email to retrieve something from the file room." He said, still having an anxious look on his face.

"Well, this is yours and so is the box." I held up the manilla envelope. "I was told to take both to your building, but obviously," I turned my gaze towards the heavy box, "I'm not suited to take that one."

"I've got the box. It's alright." He eagerly picked it up like it was nothing. "I can take that one too." He tried to grab the envelope from my hands.

"I was told to bring this to your building, so I'll take what I'm able to." I pulled the envelope away, holding it close to me. "Let's go before we waste more time." I declared, starting to make my way towards the train station to go to his building.

     He scrambled after me, both of us making our way to his building.

.

     Once we made it to his office, he set the box down. "This is all I was instructed to do, so, here." I held up the envelope to him, which he quickly grabbed.

     His gloved hand brushes against my own, making me recoil slightly before he took the envelope. I nodded before exiting his office. Not even a minute passes by before rushed footsteps make their way to me. Supervisor Gokuu was now in front of me, quickly catching his breath before holding up what I assumed was the contents of the envelope.
     The closer I read to the end, the wider my eyes got. I started to angrily go to the warden's office, Supervisor Gokuu right behind me the entire way.

.

"What is the meaning of this!?" I shouted as I slammed the doors to her office open.

"Do not slam my doors." She said, not paying attention to me as she focused on the paperwork in front of her.

     I took the paper from Supervisor Gokuu's hands and held it in front of Miss Hyakushiki. "I specifically instructed I would not be working in buildings! You agreed I would only be in the file room!" More shouts left me.

     A sigh left her before she placed her pen on her desk. She stood up, towering over me due to her natural height and heels. "You will no longer raise your voice at me and do as you are told." Her voice was laced with a hint of anger as her glare sent shivers down both mine and Supervisor Gokuu's spine.

"Y-yes, ma'am." I stuttered, frozen in place.

"Good." She nodded before returning to her seat. "Now, go to building five so Supervisor Gokuu may begin to train you." She waved us away.

     We both shakily nodded before quickly exiting her office.