Chapter Eleven: Meeting

Your pov
     Number sixty nine had now made it to our building with Deputy Godai and a pink haired inmate, all of them training. "When can we have our match, Samon-san?" Number fifty eight asked him after placing a new talisman on his forehead.

"I didn't realize that was today." He hummed in thought, wondering what he was going to do. "Once I get some documents finished, we'll have the match. Now, go back to your training." He ushered the child away so he could start on his work.

     I sat at a nearby stone slab since the only other two benches were occupied by Officer Hakkai and number seventy one. Not even moments later number fifty eight, two, and sixty nine surrounded Supervisor Gokuu. Number sixty nine asked to spar with Supervisor Gokuu rather than number fifty eight. With the mention of Supervisor Sugoroku, Supervisor Gokuu now was enraged enough to spar with sixty nine. "I've never seen him so angry." I muttered, watching as he shouted his hatred for Supervisor Sugorok.

"He really hates that Hajime person." Number fifty eight huffed, laying his head on my lap; something he's been doing often.

"I find him annoying too. Probably not as much as he does." I shook my head at the two that were going to spar, stroking number fifty eight's head.

"We should pray for Rock. He's probably going to be bloody." Number two sighed, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Who said you two could be doing that?" Supervisor Gokuu growled at the two inmates, rushing towards us once he saw how they rested themselves on me.

"Deputy Yozakura said it was okay." They said simultaneously.

     The supervisor now looked at me, silently asking if it was true. "It's fine. They're not hurting anyone." I waved him off, motioning for him to start the match.

     He seemed disappointed with my answer before going back to the match with number sixty nine. Since it was his first match with Supervisor Gokuu, he simply used one finger to fight against the inmate. The fight ended quickly, number sixty nine rushed and relied on his brute strength solely; assuming that would make him win. With just his single finger, Supervisor Gokuu quickly ended the match.
     Despite being almost knocked out, the inmates continued to rush towards the supervisor. Supervisor Gokuu dodged effortlessly, simply stepping to the side with ease. Silently, I awed at how easy he made it look. His movements captivated me, making it difficult to look away until their match had ended.
     The supervisor told the inmates all his flaws and weakness with fighting, hoping to get through the thick skull the inmate seemed to have. However, the inmate just had to mention building thirteen's supervisor, pissing off our supervisor. My watch beeped, showing that the meeting would be starting soon. "Pardon me." I patted the inmates that laid on me before getting up and walking towards the supervisor. "The meeting begins soon. We must go soon."

"Damn that's right." He clicked his tongue, letting go of number sixty nine. "Hopefully Inori doesn't just screw around."

"It'll be fine with the new guard after all." Officer Hakkai waved the supervisor off, chuckling.

"New guard?" The supervisor and I questioned at the same time.

     A tall male with a pure white suit came out from behind Officer Hakkai, multiple golden piercings adorned his face. "Hello there. I'm Sanzou Houzuki. We will care for the building in your absence." He gracefully spoke.

"I wasn't aware of a new guard." I took a step forward, looking him over to see if he'd be one to slack or one to work. "And I'm told everything by Miss Hyakushiki."

"Ah, when I briefly met her, she instructed me to give you this." He held a gentle smile on his face holding out an envelope to me.

     I grabbed the envelope, his hand resting on mine slightly before he pulled his hand away. I opened the envelope, showing Miss Hyakushiki's hand writing letting me know it wasn't made up. She stated that Officer Houzuki would be a part of our building for the time being and that she had requested my presence at the meeting today. "Alright. It looks like you'll be working with us for a while, I hope you'll do more work than Officer Hakkai." I nodded, giving Supervisor Gokuu the envelope before turning to walk towards the meeting.

     Once we left the training ground, Supervisor Gokuu clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Who the hell does he think he is? Being all buddy-buddy right off the bat." He grumbled, stomping.

"As long as he gets his work done and doesn't bother others, I could care less what he does." I grumbled back, wanting to throw my gloves away.

"Agreed." He ceased his aggravated stomping as we made our way towards the meeting.

.

     The meeting had begun, supervisors and deputies alike all sat around a large table. We all listened to what Miss Hyakushiki told us, that she would be away from an important meeting and that it was up to us to keep Nanba prison strong in her absence. Everyone swore they would keep their building strong and secure, the meeting now ending. Most of the supervisors went into a nearby common room, almost all of them discussing the meeting. I stood next to Supervisor Gokuu who sat at a couch as he read over documents he brought to the meeting.
     The cat, Deputy Nimaijita, spoke loudly to gain the attention of a certain supervisor. He brought up a subject I never wanted to hear again, what had happened to Supervisor Gokuu's older brother. From the corner of my eye, I could see him struggling to keep himself shut. "You're one to be speaking on matters you shouldn't be." I spoke up, gaining his attention. "Your reports are always sloppily made, and you have the grammar of a three year old. I suggest you focus on yourself rather than others."

"Ah~? Since when did you start defending Samon-san~? You never cared for him before." The rabbit, Supervisor Ichijou, taunted as he appeared out of nowhere.

"Does someone have a cru-" Deputy Nimaijita teased as well before I covered his mouth with my ribbons.

"You know you have more reason than anyone to hate the Gokuu brothers." Supervisor Ichijou hummed, circling around me. "I heard, Enki-san even gave you a nice little scar." He tried to move the hair that covered my eye, quickly getting him wrapped in my ribbons and stuck to the ceiling.

"You talk too much, old man." I clicked my tongue, irritated at both males.

"Get me down from here!!" Supervisor Ichijou shrieked, struggling to get down.

     My ribbons elevated me to where he was, making me sigh at the pathetic man. "Keep your hands to yourself next time." I huffed, pulling a twig out and lighting it; making him drop down to the floor.

"My back..." He groaned, wailing in pain on the floor. "I'm not getting any younger you know!"

     I waved him off, beginning to leave the room. "Mmph mph!" Deputy Nimaijita muffled out a shout, pointing to his covered mouth.

     I burnt the ribbons on him as well before storming out of the room. Footsteps approached me quickly, ending next to me. To my side was Supervisor Gokuu, walking alongside me. "You didn't need to defend me. I can do that myself." He ordered, his tone was displeased.

"I didn't do it for you." I huffed, taking him aback. "You heard Supervisor Ichijou back there. You're not the only one he hurt. Physically and mentally."

     Before he could speak, another guard came up to tell Supervisor Gokuu he had a visitor. "I think I'll spend the rest of my shift in the file room. Goodnight." I spat, leaving the two to stand in the empty corridor.

Samon's pov
     'I fucked up big time.' I mentally hit myself, watching as she began to walk away: pissed off. "Um, is everything okay between you two?" The guard asked, curious.

"It's fine." I grumbled, now going towards the visiting room.