Chapter Eighteen: Dogs

Samon's pov
     I returned to building five, expecting to see (Y/n) in the office or break room working.

     However, she wasn't at either place; worrying me. Kenshirou also arrived at building five, a fruit basket in his hands for his sister. "Where is she?" Kenshirou glared at me, wondering where she was.

"Yes, yes. I heard she was hurt very bad. I'm surprised she's working." Kiji popped out from behind Kenshirou.

"I don't know. She's usually here." I shook my head, thinking where she could have gone.

"We have to find her." Kenshirou set down the fruit basket in the office, rushing out to find his sister.

     We followed his lead, on the lookout for (Y/n).

.

     We ran everywhere we could think of, exhausting our options. We had planned on sitting in the break room to rest and come up with more ideas until we heard laughter coming from inside. The three of us peaked our head into the break room, an unholy sight in front of us. (Y/n) and that gorilla asshole were joking, laughing, and smoking; a laughter I never heard from her before.
     My chest tightened at the sight, feeling like (Y/n) and I had grown infinitely further apart. 'I'll kill that gorilla bastard.' My jaw was clenched tightly, trying to not become an inmate here.

Your pov
     As Supervisor Sugoroku and I were laughing at the joke I said about Mitsuru, the break room door suddenly slammed open. "What do you think you're doing?!" Supervisor Mitsuba screeched, rushing towards me and holding my face. "You'll smell like stinky cigarettes and you'll have horrible skin!"

     I was confused about what was happening, unsure what to do. I blew whatever smoke I had into his face, making him screech dramatically and ran away to 'clean himself of the stench'. "He's right. Just what are you doing?" Kenshirou stared down at me disapprovingly. "You've never smoked before."

"I do it all the time actually." I turned away, not wanting to meet their disappointed eyes. "Ushinatta and I did a lot as teens."

"Who cares about that?! Why are you talking with him!?" Supervisor Gokuu shouted, pointing at Supervisor Sugoroku.

"I had something I needed to talk about." I grumbled, trying to hide behind the cloud of smoke I exhaled.

"Then talk about it with your brothers!" Kenshirou shouted.

"I'm not talking about this kind of stuff with you guys." I grumbled.

"Then your supervisor!" He pointed to the male next to him. "Or the warden!

"I don't think I should be talking about my personal problems with my supervisor or boss." Supervisor Sugoroku snorted slightly, making me click my tongue.

"You couldn't have found anyone else to talk to?! It had to be Hajime?!" He shouted, quickly pissing me off.

"I wanted someone who wouldn't bullshit me, alright?!" I shouted back, surprising all the supervisors in the room.

"Bu- wha-?" Kenshirou was at a loss for words, simply standing with his mouth open.

     I extinguished the cigarette before quickly standing up, cleaning off my jacket before I started to leave the break room. "Next time, I'll just keep my thoughts to myself." I huffed, walking past both supervisors at the door.

.

     A few days had passed since that incident, both Kenshirou and Supervisor Gokuu apologized everytime they saw me. Kenshirou practically begged to see me, finally I gave in. As I entered building five since it was closest and I needed to leave some paperwork in the office, I ran into Supervisor Gokuu. Duchess, who was walking next to me off her leash, ran up to him expecting pets. "Um, hello..." He hesitantly greeted me, not meeting my eyes.