Chapter Twenty Two: Dinner

Your pov
I sat in the main building's break room, smoking as I listened to the conversations around me. "The warden's chocolates were so lovely." Supervisor Mitsuba sighed in content as he held his face.

"That's what that was? I thought it was a bomb." Supervisor Sugoroku grumbled, exhaling from his own cigarette.

"How dare you insult the warden! She worked hard on those delicious chocolates, and you just slandered them!" Kenshirou shouted at Supervisor Sugoroku, the male not caring.

"You shouldn't be talking when those are the only ones you get." Supervisor Sugoroku rolled his eyes at Kenshirou.

"Hah! Like anyone would want to give you any either!" Samon exhaled, laughing loudly.

"You're lucky the warden gave you one or you'd be a left out, monkey." Supervisor Sugoroku laughed at Samon, irritating him.

"I'll have you know I did get one that wasn't from the warden!" He laughed in Supervisor Sugoroku's face.

"Yeah right. Shut your trap." He rolled his eyes, shoving Samon away.

"Don't shove me!" Samon grumbled, trying to get Supervisor Sugoroku's hand off of his face.

He was shouting that he wasn't lying, yet no one was paying any attention to him. Samon huffed, irritated he was being ignored. His eyes met mine, his previous bitter expression was one of surprise. Even when no one else would listen to his rants or tangents that would bore and annoy others, I would always be listening.
I always listened to the words that came from his mouth, never being able to bring myself to insert myself into his conversations. "Continue." I mouthed to him silently, his expression looked as if his heart had jumped out of his chest.

He was suddenly right next to me on the couch, showing me just how fast he was. He had a large smile on his face as someone was more than willing to listen to him.

Kenshirou's pov
"They seem to be getting quite close." Kiji hummed as we turned to find Samon and (Y/n) smiling and talking.

"If it were any other supervisor, I would've dragged her away. Samon knows if he does anything, there will be hell to pay." I glared at him, not gaining his attention whatsoever.

"She would hog tie him before you even lay a finger on him." Kiji laughed at his own joke before leaving the break room.

"I'm sure she would." I muttered under my breath as I left the break room as well, both of them still laughing.

Your pov
Finally, the day had ended. Which now meant it was time for the date with Samon. We both went to our apartments to change and get ready, excitement running through my veins. My clothes were comfortable, yet stylish; something I've been wanting to wear. "Where are you going? And why do you look like that?" Isamu questioned, motioning to my outfit as he peeled his eyes away from the sports match going on.

"I have a date." A smug smile was on my face as I grabbed a small purse.

"Ooh~!" He teased, rising from the couch and poking me. "Who's the unfortunate guy?"

"Ha ha." I rolled my eyes, pushing past him. "It's Samon."

"Eh? Your supervisor? Isn't that, like, against policies or something?" He was taken aback.

"I think I'll be alright. Watch Duchess for me while I'm gone." I huffed, leaving my apartment.

"I better get overtime pay for this!" He shouted as I closed the door behind me.

As I was about to make my way down the hall, I ran into Samon. "H-hey!" He stuttered, very blatantly anxious. "I made you this."

He held up a bouquet of assorted flowers, the colors arranged beautifully. "Maybe you should have been a florist." I joked, heart beating faster as I grabbed the bouquet; cradling it gently.

"How would I have met you then?" His smile was even wider as he held an arm out for me to grab.

"Charmer." I giggled, grabbing his muscular arm as he began to lead us to where we would have dinner.

.

We were now seated at a nice restaurant, not too fancy and not too unembellished. "You said nothing fancy, so I hope this is okay." Samon twiddled with his fingers, staring at me hopefully.

"It was a good choice." I chuckled at how nervous he was, expecting myself to be the more anxious one.

"Oh, good." He sighed as if the weight of the world was lifted off of his shoulders. "H-have you been here before?"

I shook my head no before I realized his tail had made itself into the shape of a heart. "You're adorable." A giggle left me as his face burned worse.

He stumbled over his words, no coherent sentences leaving his mouth. "Ah~? What's this~?" An annoying voice spoke up, making Samon and I turn to who was talking to us.

It was Mitsuru, a taunting smirk on his face. "One second please." I told Samon before turning to Mitsuru. "I have never asked you for anything more in all my time knowing you. Please! Please let us enjoy the night in peace."

"Oh~? Am I interrupting a date~?" He teased more, making my face turn red.

"Yes. Just one night, Mitsuru. Don't butt in on this one." I pleaded.

"Okay, okay." He chuckled, holding his hands up. "Desserts on me." He laughed loudly once more, sliding a large bill to us before leaving.

We let out a relieved breath, returning to where we had left the date.

.

Samon and I were having a fun conversation as we made our way back to our apartments. Dinner went very well, minus Mitsuru popping in. I wish it didn't have to end so quickly. "Would you... Like to come in for a bit?" I asked him, quickly gaining a yes from him.

Once we entered my apartment, we were greeted by Isamu and Duchess. "I'm sure you two had a great old time. I went out and got some things for you two. Don't use it all in one night." He winked before rushing out of my apartment, giggling to himself.

I looked inside the plastic bag that was left on my coffee table, finding condoms and other things in the bag. "You dirty bastard!" I shouted, throwing the box of condoms at the door. "We are not using those." I pointed at Samon who nodded rapidly.

"I wasn't planning on it!" He exclaimed, face burning red.

In the midst of our embarrassment, Duchess had brought her leash over to me. "Your appointment is tomorrow, darling." I stroked her head, taking her leash and putting it back where it was.

"Does she have a vet appointment tomorrow?" Samon asked, Duchess going up to him for more pets.

"Ah, no. Normally since I don't have a Valentine's I take her for a spa day and shopping. But since I did this time," both of us turned red again, "I moved the appointment tomorrow. I'd like you to come as well, but I'm sure you work tomorrow."

"A-actually I work the night shift tomorrow, so I can go with you!" He exclaimed, a glint in his eyes.

"Great." I smiled, taking his hand. "I hope we won't bore you too much."

"Not at all!" He held my hand tighter, a large smile on his own face.