Chapter Fifteen: Wake up

Samon's pov
     I sat next to (Y/n)'s medical bed, praying she woke up soon. Her brothers stood outside to give us space. I had already lost my brother, I couldn't lose her as well. Hesitantly, I grabbed her frail hand, holding it in between my hands. "Please... Please wake up..." I pleaded, pressing her hand onto my head.

"If seeing you smile even one more time would cause me to lose my eyes, then I would gaze at you as if you were the sun. If hearing your voice and your laughter made me lose my hearing, I would listen until my ears bled." I gripped her hand tighter, pouring my heart out to her. "To say I'm obsessed with all you do wouldn't bring justice to the word. I crave your everything, ready to lay my life on the line should anyone take it away."

     My throat tightened, tears starting to pool from my eyes at the thought of her not waking up. "Please... Wake up..." I begged once more, hoping for her to magically get better.

     A small groan came from her, quickly getting my attention.

Your pov
     'Who is saying of that stuff?' I thought, listening to someone basically confessing to me. My eyes opened, a bright white light blinding me before my eyes finally adjusted. Supervisor Gokuu had tears in his eyes as he held my hand, acting as if a large weight was lifted off of him. "You woke up!" He exclaimed, quickly giving me a hug.

"That... Hurts..." I gasped, trying to get away.

"I'm sorry!" He shouted, the door to my room opening.

"Thank the stars and moon you're okay." Isamu bawled his eyes out, heavy tears falling down his face.

"You said she would be safe." Kenshirou growled at Supervisor Gokuu.

"Kenshirou... Isamu..." My throat felt tight, trying desperately to hold back my tears.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Kenshirou asked, pushing my supervisor to the floor before taking my hand.

"Are you okay?" Isamu barely got his sentence out, trying to stop himself from crying. "Are you in pain?"

"I-I saw him..." My voice cracked, the tears I tried so hard to hold back started to slip.

"I know." Kenshirou nodded, squeezing my hand tighter. "But Enki-san won't be able to hurt you anymore." He assured.

"No... Not him." I shook my head, yet wondering what he meant by that.

"Who then?" Isamu finally stopped crying, eyes puffy and red.

"Ushinatta..." The room fell silent as I uttered his name.

"That's impossible. He's dead." Kenshirou denied what I had said, a painful look on his face.

"Kenshirou... I almost died. Twice." More tears spilled from my eyes, clutching my chest which felt like it had been stabbed and burned.

"It's okay. You're okay now." Kenshirou shushed me quietly, cradling my head in his chest.

"Everything is gonna be okay." Isamu also tried to calm me down, the three of us holding each other.

.

     Once I had stopped crying, they all began to leave me to rest. I reached out, grabbing Supervisor Gokuu's hand, holding him back. "C-could you stay for a little?" I asked, feeling my face burn in embarrassment.

"Yeah. Whatever you need." He nodded, face also slightly red before sitting down in the chair once again.

     My brothers had already left the room, leaving just him and I in the room. "I'm sorry." I mumbled, not meeting his eyes. "I don't know why I asked you to stay."

"Don't be." He waved off my apology, I could still feel him looking at me. "I had something I wanted to ask you too."

"Hm? What is it?" I questioned, turning to slightly look at him.

"Who did you see? The Ushinatta?" He asked after a moment of hesitation.

"He was my twin brother..." I answered, a heavy feeling in my chest.

"Was?" Confusion evident in his voice.

"In my family, having twins is a great tragedy. The younger of the twins either ends their own life, or they're murdered by family out of protection of another." My hand was placed over my chest, trying to subside the pain. "We didn't ask for it to be this way, but that's what we were forced to deal with."

"Why? Are they supposed to die?" He asked, eyes widened.

"Twins in my family represent the good and evil in the world. The first to be born is the goodness and kindness in people. And the second... is evil and hatred. They aren't meant to die if they are able to subdue their mal intent, but Ushinatta couldn't." A shaky breath left me as he placed a hand on my back comfortingly.

"I'm sorry for asking." He uttered, head hung low.

"It's okay. It just hurts." I groaned at the sharp pains running through my chest.

"Speaking about your injuries, the doctor said most of your ribs had been broken. He said you shouldn't be straining yourself." He offered me a glass of water, which I drank quickly.

"It's a good thing I never train then anyways." I forced a chuckle out, instantly regretting it.

"Another thing..." He took back the glass, helping me catch my breath. "Enki is dead."

"But- he was so strong. There's no way he couldn't survive." I gasped in shock.

     As much as I feared my former friend, I never wanted him to die. "He killed himself." He took in a deep breath, turning away. "I don't know why, but he did."

"I'm so sorry." I pulled him in for a hug, knowing how hard it was to lose a sibling.

     He clutched the gown I wore, choking on his tears before finally letting himself break down in my arms. I don't know how long I held him for, and I didn't care either. He needed to let out his emotions, he needed someone to be there for him like my brothers were for me. I stroked his hair, hopefully relaxing him slightly to let everything out.
     He had begrudgingly pull back, my shoulder dripping wet from his tears. He uttered out an apology, quickly cleaning his face. "Me, you, and Inori are supposed to give our report to the warden tomorrow. I'll come by to take you there safely." He gave me one final hug before leaving my room.

     'I hope he's okay.' I thought, slowly laying back down onto the bed to get much needed rest for tomorrow.