Chapter Five: Training

Your pov
"Usually around this time, we let the prisoners out to exercise. Under supervision of course." Supervisor Gokuu explained as we walked through the halls of his building.

"And how long do they get they're supervised exercise?" I asked writing any information that was given to me.

"You don't need to write everything I say." He chuckled, the tour continuing.

"What if you ask me to take over, and I don't know what I'm suppose to do? Or if you're busy? Then I would be next in line to be in charge. Because from what I've seen on the CCTV, your deputy seems very adament about not doing his job. So, I would like to get as much as I can written down and committed to memory." I stated, waiting for him to continue.

"Oh, uh, alright." He nodded, continuing with the tour.

.

     Once we were finished, we went out to supervise the inmates exercise. "So you're in our building now, huh?" Former Deputy Hakkai teased, making me groan.

"You do not exist to me." I huffed, extending a hand out and moving to the other side of Supervisor Gokuu so I wouldn't have to interact with him.

"Don't be like that, hun~." He moved around Samon to tease me more.

"Back off, Inori." Supervisor Gokuu growled, glaring at him.

"I don't need someone to defend me." I huffed, putting my notepad and pen away before unfortunately turning to Officer Hakkai.

"See? Was that so hard?" He chuckled.

"I'm gonna say this one time and one time only." I scowled, glaring at him. "While I am forced to be here, you will not make any sort of disgusting comments or 'jokes' to me because I can and will have you thrown into the ocean to fend for yourself. Do you understand me?"

     He clicked his tongue, going back to reading his disgusting magazine. "We have a new guard? Would you spar with me?" A male with a long braid asked me.

"Absolutely not. I don't fight, tussle or anything of that nature. I keep things organized and neat. So, don't ever expect me to 'spar' with you." I huffed once again, quickly hating Miss Hyakushiki's decision to put me here.

     He was taken aback before nodding and returning to what he was doing. "You're more of a bitch than I remember." Officer Hakkai snorted.

"And you shouldn't be speaking to your superior like that." My arms crossed over my chest as I glared at him.

"I'm the deputy supervisor here!" He exclaimed.

"Not anymore. I've taken it over since you clearly aren't capable to do the work yourself." I continued to watch the inmates exercise and didn't pay attention to whatever he was spewing.

.

     It was late into the night, Supervisor Gokuu and I still working on paperwork in his office. "It's getting late. You should rest for tomorrow." He spoke up, setting his pen down.

"I'd rather work." I sighed, rubbing my temples. "I'm dreading moving my stuff into my new apartment."

"You had to move?" He questioned.

"Miss Hyakushiki said it was so I didn't have to go a further distance to work here. And I'm still expected to maintain the file room." A throbbing pain struck my head.

"I-I can help you with the file room!" He stuttered out. "And helping you move too." He offered, looking away.

"Oh. No, that's fine. I'll manage." I waved him off.

"I don't mind. We can finish the paperwork and leave on time tomorrow." He stared at me, waiting for me to say yes.

     After a few minutes, I sighed and finally gave in. His eyes quickly lit up before he hastily put his head down to quickly finish the paperwork; I assumed it was so we didn't have as much work tomorrow since Officer Hakkai won't do it.

.

     The next day rolled around, exhaustion already hitting me as I stared at my filled boxes I needed to move to my new apartment. As I was looking at which box I should put in the moving van first, there was a sudden knock at my door. Once I opened the door, I was met with an eager Supervisor Gokuu. "All set to move?" He asked, hands on his hips and a large smile on his face.

"Um, yes." A meek response left me as I witnessed him in normal clothing.

     Though I've only worked with him briefly, I was already accustomed to seeing him in his uniform. His track pants were a bit loose around his legs while his shirt looked like it was clutching onto him. His arms were large and strong, almost like he could carry everything I owned in one hand. Both arms were also decorated in red spiral tattoos, another thing that had my attention. "Is everything okay?" He asked, a confused look on his face. "You're kind of glaring at me."

"Ah, no." I quickly turned away and grabbing a box to put into the moving van. "I just don't want to move all this stuff."

"It's a good thing I'm here to help then." He laughed as he effortlessly picked up a few boxes, his muscles more prominent.

"Oh. Yes." I nodded, admiring him as he took multiple boxes with ease.

     What would've been hours; even days by myself, Supervisor Gokuu did in half an hour. We now entered the van to drive to my new apartment complex. "I must say, Supervisor, you're very strong. It would've taken me ages to move everything." I told him, gaining a laugh from him as we began the drive.

"Thank you, Deputy." He emphasized the word as a joke since we weren't currently working. "You can just call me Samon when we're not working. Or at work too. Or, well, if you like to- that is." He stumbled over his words, ears slightly red.

     Now it was my turn to let out a small laugh at his speech. "Well, Samon," I emphasized his name to get back at him, causing him to tense up. "Since you're being a great help, I'll humor you. But only for today." I pointed to him to clarify.

     He also laughed before we continued on our trip. "I'll settle for that." A playful smirk on his face.

.

     After hours, we finally arrived at the apartment complex. It was the exact same as my previous one except it had a large '5' sign on the front. Wasting no time, Samon and I quickly began to move my items into my new apartment.

     Just as quickly as he put the box into the van, he put them into my apartment. We put all of the boxes into their designated rooms, ending at the bedroom. I stepped out onto the balcony attached to my room and took a deep breath of the fresh air, Samon quick to join me. "I will say, this place does have a better oceanside view than my last apartment." I said, taking in the scenery.

"To be fair, it was closer to the prison." Samon explained.

"And it was closer to Miss Hyakushiki's office and the file room." I responded, now looking around at the nearby balconies. "Oh, look at my neighbor's balcony! They have so many plants! I wonder who has all the time for that." I wondered aloud.

"That's my balcony." Samon sheepishly told me.

"There's no way." I turned to him now, doubtful. "You're a supervisor! And you do so much work! How do you even have the time for plants?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Gardening is just a hobby of mine." He shrugged, a small and prideful smile trying desperately to not be shown. " I have some vegetables and fruits out on the balcony and I have more inside. Do you want to come by and see?" He asked, toying with one of his bracelets.

"Sure-" Samon interrupted me before I could respond.

"Oh, wait! I have a welcoming gift for you!" He exclaimed before rushing out of my apartment and rushing into his.