Chapter Eight: Game Room

Your pov
"We have to go back to building thirteen again?" I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Supervisor Sugoroku is back already."

"It seems like one of them inmates has requested number fifty eight's presence." Supervisor Gokuu was annoyed as well before getting up from his desk.

     We collected number fifty eight, number seventy one tagging along as well before we headed back to building thirteen.

.

     We made it to building thirteen, apparently number twenty five wanted to play video games with number fifty eight. Number twenty five had dragged the other away to play whatever games they wanted. As the inmates were playing around, Supervisor Gokuu and I simply followed them to make sure they weren't doing anything they shouldn't be. "Come play this game, pretty lady!" Number twenty five exclaimed as he grabbed my hand and dragged me towards a game.

"Don't just drag her wherever you want!" Supervisor Gokuu shouted, following after us.

     Number twenty five sat me down in front of a claw machine that held plushies of all of us. "Oh, I don't play games, child." I waved him off, trying to leave the chair.

"It's easy! You just move the stick and the claw moves! Look! That one's almost gonna fall! And it looks like the monkey!" He shouted, making Supervisor Gokuu shout back at him to stop calling him a monkey.

     I agreed to play, moving the claw until it was above the plushie of my supervisor. "Now what?" I asked, unsure why it was just staying there and not going down.

"You press the button!" He enthusiastically shouted, pushing it.

     Once he pressed it, the claw went down; grabbing the plushie. It then dropped it into the drop box, meaning I had won the plushie. "You win! You win!" Number twenty five cheered, grabbing the plush and placing it in my hands.

"And look, there's one of you." Number sixty nine spoke up, holding a plushie that looked like me.

"And you can make the toys kiss! Mwah mwah mwah!" Number twenty grabbed the plush of myself, making it kiss the plush of my supervisor in my hands.

"Okay. That's enough." I pulled the plush of him away, both of our faces red.

"Then you can have this one." Number twenty five handed the plush of myself to Supervisor Gokuu, making our burning faces even worse.

"I think I'm going to sit down. Keep having fun, number fifty eight." I ushered him to continue playing.

"I-I am not!" He exclaimed, embarrassed as he tried to hide the plushies he had already won.

"Of course not." I chuckled, patting his head before quickly sitting down at a nearby chair.

     I could hear the other inmates jealous of number fifty eight for a simple head pat. "How long do you think they'll be?" Supervisor Gokuu asked, placing the plush in his pocket.

"Who knows? They're children. And they've been imprisoned. Let's let them have some fun for now." A smile crossed my face as I watched them play and laugh with each other.

Samon's pov
"You're right." I nodded, seeing a small smile on her lips.

     My heart has been racing since earlier, even now it still hasn't calmed down. The way she smiles and seems to care deeply for the younger inmates is heart warming. How she would occasionally turn her eyes down to the plush of myself and move it's arm and playing with it made my heart skip more beats than I could count. Even how she would realize she was toying with it and looked up, acting like she wasn't. No matter what she does, I find every aspect of it adorable.
     A small 'meow' was heard, bringing my attention back to her. "Oh my goodness!" She gushed, a fluffy black cat on her lap. "Hello, sweetheart. How are you?" She cooed, petting the cat.

"Where did it come from?" I asked, more focused on how lovable she was with the cat.

"Oh, who cares. Would you like to come back with us? It's so much better than with stiff old Sugoroku." She continued to love and pet the cat as it made her lap a bed.

"What are you doing with Kuu? Leave him alone." The gorilla demanded as he too was holding plushies.

"I'm just giving him some love." She waved him away, continuing to pet the cat.

     The gorilla clicked his tongue before walking away.

Your pov
     It was finally time we headed back to our own building. Number fifty eight seemed like he had a fun time due to all the plushies he had won. Once the immates were back in the cells I told Supervisor Gokuu I would be in the file room, knowing my work would be piled up.

     Once I made it to the building that contained the file room, I made my way towards Miss Hyakushiki's office instead. I slammed the door opened, shocking whatever guards were in the room. "You're all dismissed for now." I told them all, Miss Hyakushiki agreeing and motioning for them all to leave.

"What seems to be troubling you?" She asked me once they left, her stern voice still in place.

"You have one too, right?" I asked her, holding up the plushie off Supervisor Gokuu.

     She gasped grabbing her collection of supervisors and myself. "I'm so glad I have one of Hajime." She sighed in content, hugging the plushie.

"I feel like I was rigged to get one of Supervisor Gokuu." I sighed, staring at the plush.

"Well, what do you think about him?" She asked, putting the toys away before motioning for me to come closer. "He's nice, isn't he?"

"Well, yes. But you're supposed to be a nice person to others." I argued with her.

"Well, he's a hard worker. And you're a hard worker too." She tilted her head, like I was missing her point.

"What's the supposed to mean?" I asked, my brows furrowed at what she was saying.

"I think you two would be a cute pair." She gushed, nervously fiddling with her thumbs.

"Of course." A large groan left me as I rubbed my temples. "Is this why you put me to work there? I expected better."

     I stormed out of her office, stomping my way towards the file room. I locked the door behind me, wanting to scream and disregard my work. After taking a small breath to calm me down, I grabbed the files from the drop box and going to my office. As I was filing the reports, I grumbled to myself about her irritating antics.

.

     A knock came from the front door, making me grumble under my breath as I got up. "Yes?" I asked, opening the door before quickly shutting it on Mitsuru and Supervisor Gokuu.

"Hey! Don't be like that!" Mitsuru shouted, pounding on the door. "We're supposed to help with number eleven from building thirteen tomorrow!"

"I quite frankly don't care. I'm behind on my work here anyways." I huffed before leaving him to shout at the door.