Chapter 4

"So, why are we here again?" Laurel asked as she, Oliver and Thea arrived at a deserted building in the Glades, finding Lyla waiting for them.

"Not sure. Lyla texted me last night and asked me to get the team together at this address, but she didn't say why." Oliver said as John, Roy, Felicity, Tommy, Rene and Dinah joined them.

"John, you have any idea what this is about?" Oliver asked.

"Man, I'm as in the dark about this as you are. All I know is that Lyla said that she had a surprise for us." John said.

"And I promise that it will be worth all the secrecy." Lyla said.

"Okay, so why did you want us to meet you here?" Oliver asked.

"Because I thought I might help you guys establish a new bunker, since I don't think that the foundry or the basement of Queen Consolidated is going to be big enough for all of you. Both of those were barely big enough for the team when it was just Oliver, John, Felicity, Laurel and Thea or Roy." Lyla said.

"Lyla, if you're offering us an Argus base, I appreciate that, but you know how I feel about Amanda Waller." Oliver said.

"That's why she doesn't know about this and besides, this place is a former Argus base. It was shut down due to budget concerns, you'd just need to fix it up, but it'll meet all your needs." Lyla said.

"And you still know that Waller will find out and while there is a simple solution to that, I'm not sure how it would play out." Oliver said.

"You want to kill her." John said, not at all surprised. In fact, everyone who'd met Waller understood that sentiment.

"You know Waller is too dangerous to be left alive. Plus, I don't want to risk her doing the same thing to me that she did to Maseo." Oliver said.

"You think she'd bring William into this." Felicity said and Oliver nodded.

"I don't think she'd bring William and Samantha into this, I know she would. That woman would gladly hold them both hostage just to keep me on her leash. Not to mention the fact that she thought it would be a good idea to create something like Rubicon. She has to go." Oliver said.

"I figured you'd say something like that, which is why ever since J'onn restored my memories, I've been working on putting together a dossier of all of Waller's crimes to justify her death." Lyla said.

"I'll help with that." Felicity offered.

"I was hoping you would, since you're the only person I know of that I trust that's ever been able to crack her firewalls and encryption. Though Cisco probably could too." Lyla said.

"Who's William?" Tommy asked.

"He's Oliver's son and the one person he'd do anything for." Laurel said.

"Okay, I know I said I had a problem with you killing, but considering the fact that I'm cool with you killing my dad, I guess I can add this bitch to the list too." Tommy said, since while he was still uncomfortable with the idea of his best friend being a killer, he was slowly beginning to understand the necessity of it.

"Plus, once Lyla is made director of Argus, we can begin rooting out the Ninth Circle and get to Emiko." Rene added and Oliver nodded in agreement.

"Maybe we should check this place out before we call in Cisco to upgrade it." Dinah said and they all nodded as Lyla led them inside.

"Okay, I'm not that impressed, since this is just a single story building." Tommy said.

"Where's the secret elevator?" Oliver asked.

"Right this way." Lyla said as she moved a light fixture on the wall to reveal a hidden scanner, which she then placed her face in front of as it scanned her.

"Identity confirmed, deputy director Lyla Michaels." The AI said as the wall panel slid away to reveal the hidden elevator.

"We'll authorize the rest of us once Felicity has this system disconnected from Argus's." Oliver said and they all nodded as they stepped into the elevator and took it down to the abandoned base.

"Well, I think that we can definitely work with this once we get Cisco to upgrade it to our needs." Oliver said as they entered the dusty base.

"It's got everything you'll need. Meeting room, control hub, armory, training room, garage, plus a few upgrades like a real medbay, an actual R&D lab for Felicity, since if I remember correctly, you're just about as good of an inventor as you are a hacker." Lyla said.

"At least in this universe. Thank goodness I kept that expertise when J'onn restored my memories." Felicity said, since she was now a tech genius in addition to being a computer expert and excellent business woman.

"Along with a lounge area and also gives you access to service tunnels under the city." Lyla said.

"Okay, no offense, but this is way better than our old bunker." Rene said.

"None taken, you're right and the reason for that is because the old bunker was really what we threw together from Sebastian Blood's old lair. Now we're taking over a former government base. It offers several perks we didn't have before." Oliver said and they all nodded in agreement.

That night, Amanda Waller was walking through Argus HQ and she was only slightly concerned when she saw her agents on the ground with arrows in them.

"Tranq arrows. You're losing your touch Oliver." Waller said as Oliver dropped down, dressed in his hood garb.

"Not really. Just not interested in killing agents who are only guilty of following orders. You on the other hand. I'm going to take great pleasure in making your death slow and painful." Oliver said as he notched an arrow.

"You're bluffing. You wouldn't risk me exposing you." Waller said.

"Except that Agent Michaels helped an associate of mine get past your firewalls and get rid of everything you have on me." Oliver said as he fired an arrow into her knee, making Waller fall back in pain as Oliver walked up to her and twisted the arrow, making her wince in pain.

"You have to know that you have this coming. Akio's death could've been avoided if you hadn't brought him and Tatsu to China and don't give me any of your BS, we both know you'd let as many kids die to complete a mission as necessary. Why they ever allowed you to remain in a position of authority this long or at all is beyond me, but now that mistake is going to be corrected and you're going to pay for every single one of your crimes. And you're not going to prison." Oliver said.

"If you do this, you're a criminal." Waller said.

"Not when a dossier of your crimes has already been leaked to every law enforcement agency in the country. Including Task Force X. The way I see it, I'm making sure that you can't escape justice ever again. If you want to beg for your life, now's the time." Oliver growled at her.

"Even if I thought it might work, we both know that I wouldn't." Waller said.

"I know. I just wanted to see if you'd do it before I did this." Oliver said as he then proceeded to jam an arrow in Waller's skull, since honestly, he was not convinced that this woman had a heart.

"That was for the Yamashiros." Oliver said as he then proceeded to remove the arrows from Waller, arrow that Felicity had made to resemble bullets, then fired a cable arrow into the vents to escape and honestly, that was one kill he'd made that he actually enjoyed and would not lose any sleep over since Waller was a sociopath who should not have ever been allowed to become the director of Argus. Now Lyla would be able to take over and Argus would be able to become the organization it was always meant to be. One that actually helped the world.