Chapter 12

Malcolm Merlyn was growing more and more concerned by the day. This new vigilante who'd appeared in Star City, the Green Arrow, as the media had dubbed him, was becoming a threat to his plans, since he'd started crossing names off his list. At first Malcolm had dismissed it as a coincidence, since there were a lot of corrupt businessmen and women in Star City, but he now realized that literally every target he or one of his associates had hit was someone on his list. While it could still be a coincidence, Malcolm had come to believe that whoever this vigilante was, they knew about the list and were crossing names off it. This Green Arrow posed a clear threat to his plans, however, he wasn't sure that he was willing to get his own hands dirty yet, since that could bring Ra's al Ghul onto his doorstep, a fate he was desperately trying to avoid, since if the League caught wind of what he was up to, he was finished, since while he may be good, he was no match for Ra's al Ghul.

"Have you found anything on this Green Arrow?" Malcolm asked Athena, the leader of his own version of the League of Assassins, the Thanatos Guild and to the public, his assistant at Merlyn Global Group.

"No, but we have discovered something just as important to you." Athena said.

"And that would be?" Malcolm asked.

"There has been a new development in the League of Assassins." Athena said.

"What kind of development?" Malcolm asked.

"Ra's al Ghul has been defeated and his daughter now rules the League in his place." Athena said.

"Impossible. Nyssa does not possess the skill needed to best her father in combat." Malcolm said.

"It appears that she did not, but an outsider did and then handed the League to her in exchange for the freedom of two league members." Athena said.

"Do you know the identity of this outsider?" Malcolm asked, while trying to keep himself from chuckling at the irony of the mighty Ra's al Ghul being felled by an outsider.

"All I know is the name they call him. Al Sahim." Athena said.

"The Archer. It sounds like it's the same person as this Green Arrow. See if you can find anyone in the League who might be able to give us a real name on this Al Sahim." Malcolm said and Athena nodded, though she could tell there was still something on his mind.

"What is it?" Athena asked.

"I have a theory I want to test." Malcolm said.

"What theory?" Athena asked.

"We didn't have any of these problems until Oliver Queen returned from Lian Yu. He's the right size and build to be this mystery archer and there is a chance that Robert told him something before the Gambit went down." Malcolm said.

"You think Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow? How could he have learned to fight to a degree that would allow him to be able to defeat Ra's al Ghul if he was on a deserted island?" Athena asked.

"One of the many questions we will answer once he is no longer a threat." Malcolm said.

"If he even is who you think he is." Athena said doubtfully.

"Perhaps we should arrange a trap to test my theory. Abduct someone close to Oliver and see if the Green Arrow comes running." Malcolm said and Athena nodded.

"Do you have someone in mind?" Athena asked and Malcolm nodded.

"We'll kill two birds with one stone. I've begun to suspect that Moira can no longer be trusted. We'll abduct her and then kill both her and her son if he shows up to rescue her." Malcolm said and Athena nodded, though they had no idea that they'd been overheard.

"Good thing Malcolm still hasn't discovered the bug Tommy planted in his office." Felicity said.

"Dig picked a hell of a time to go to Freeland." Roy said.

"Roy, you and Dinah are our current connections to law enforcement. I want you two to get my mother to an Argus safehouse, since right now she's the only family member that's in immediate danger, since Thea can take care of herself and he won't go after any of your families since abducting Laurel's father would draw too much attention as a member of the SCPD and her mother is in Central City and he's got no reason to suspect the rest of you." Oliver said and they nodded.

"What about the rest of us?" Rene asked, eager for action.

"We're going to war with the Thanatos Guild earlier than expected. Malcolm is mine, but the rest of you can handle his warriors, though I'm giving Thea an additional mission." Oliver said.

"And that would be?" Thea asked as Felicity handed her a device.

"Plant this spy hacker on any of the Merlyn Global Servers so that I can access them remotely and get proof to expose Malcolm for who and what he really is." Felicity said.

"Would you like some additional assistance?" Nyssa said as she and some of her warriors entered the bunker.

"From you against this, absolutely. But remember, Malcolm is mine." Oliver said and Nyssa nodded.

"Agreed. You're the only one who stands a chance against him. But I did bring something as we agreed." Nyssa said as she snapped her fingers and one of her assassins brought forth a sword. One that both Oliver and Thea recognized.

"The sword of Al Faith." Thea said as she took it.

"It is rightfully yours as you earned it once." Nyssa said.

"Thank you Nyssa." Thea said, since while she had no desire to join the League, she did like having the sword.

"Okay then, let's get to work." Oliver said.

"My warriors will help Mr. Harper and Ms. Drake escort your mother to safety, since while they may be good." Nyssa said.

"Some League backup would be appreciated." Roy agreed and Oliver nodded gratefully.

"Let's suit up." Oliver said as they moved towards their suits.