Chapter 18

Who would you guys like to see Felicity be paired with? Both male and female suggestions are allowed.

To say Oliver was surprised when Sara told him that her plan had worked was an understatement, that was why he had insisted on seeing it for himself, which was why Sara was bringing him aboard the Waverider where he smiled at the sight of Darhk locked in a cell.

"You're looking very smug Oliver." Darhk said.

"Only thing I don't like about this scenario is that you're still alive." Oliver said.

"Didn't Sara tell you I've reformed?" Darhk asked.

"Excuse me if I have a hard time believing that the man who crippled Felicity, killed Laurel, abducted my son and tried to nuke the world has changed." Oliver said.

"Oliver, I told you, once Darhk truly realized the cost of what his ambitions would get him, he did reform." Sara said.

"I don't care. The last time I made the mistake of letting him live, Laurel died. I'm not willing to run that risk again." Oliver said.

"What's this really about?" Darhk asked him.

"You should know, since you're a parent." Oliver said.

"This is about your son." Darhk said.

"Yeah, the one thing about you that I somewhat respected was that you were a family man. You cared about your family and even turned on Machin when he abducted a mayoral candidate's daughter. But you didn't hesitate to bring William into this. You brought my son into this world and it nearly got him killed, since once you brought him into this, other criminals came after him. So tell me, how can you, as a father, justify what you did to William?" Oliver demanded and Darhk sighed.

"I never intended to truly hurt William." Darhk said.

"That's funny. You threatening him if I didn't do what you said didn't give me that impression." Oliver said angrily.

"Look, I know there's nothing I can say to make you believe me, but I am truly sorry for what I did. I crossed a line back then and honestly, I am amazed that you didn't try to capture Nora in response." Darhk said.

"That's because I have honor. Something that you clearly don't possess, which is why I still can't believe that you were ever a member of the League of Assassins, since despite their flaws, at least they did believe in a code of honor. You don't. You never cared about anyone but yourself and you didn't care who you had to hurt or kill to get what you wanted." Oliver said.

"You're right. Until I was finally forced to face the consequences of my actions. My wife was dead and I'd convinced my daughter to sell her soul to a demon just to bring me back to life. I was a terrible father." Darhk said.

"Ollie, he actually apologized to me for killing Laurel. I think that somewhere, he does have a heart, the only problem is that he let his ego get in the way of it." Sara said.

"Then prove it." Oliver said.

"How?" Darhk asked.

"Take down Hive and then give up your powers. Prove to me that you really do want to live out the rest of your life in peace." Oliver said.

"Done. I'll even send you my supply of Lazarus water and my idol for you to do what you please with them." Darhk said.

"I have one more request." Oliver said.

"And that would be?" Darhk asked.

"Andy Diggle. He's mine to kill." Oliver said.

"I'll make sure he finds his way to you." Darhk said.