Chapter 21

Thea was looking down at the letter in her hands, trying to figure out what she was going to do.

"Hey sis, what's up? I thought you'd be out celebrating being done with high school for good this time. By the way, congrats on getting straight As and graduating with honors. I didn't think either of us would be able to say that, really just because we never put forth the effort." Oliver said as he entered the kitchen as Thea hid the letter.

"Party's tonight and it's easy to pass classes when you've already taken them." Thea reminded him.

"What's that you're trying to hide?" Oliver asked as Thea looked at the letter and sighed as she handed it to him.

"This is my acceptance letter to Ivy Town University." Thea said with a sigh.

"Ivy Town. I thought you were going to stay local." Oliver asked her.

"So did I, but honestly, Ivy Town University is one of the best schools in the country, hell, it's where Ray graduated from." Thea said.

"Thea, I don't have a problem with you going to Ivy Town University. Besides, you'll come back." Oliver said before he realized where she was going with this.

"Except you don't want to do you?" Oliver asked.

"Look Ollie, I love you and I love Team Arrow, but honestly, one of the reasons why I was so eager to go off with Nyssa was because it meant I could finally get out of your shadow. All anyone here, including you, really sees me as your little sister, a second stringer to the great Green Arrow." Thea said.

"And you want to step out of my shadow. Become your own hero." Oliver said.

"I hope you understand Ollie." Thea said.

"I do Thea. Though am I hurt that you thought I wouldn't. I get it. Honestly, I know that you've always felt like you were in my shadow in one way or another." Oliver said.

"Yeah, as both the Queen heir and a vigilante. Honestly, I think that after I graduate, I'm going to relocate Queen Consolidated's headquarters to Ivy Town, since honestly, even if it does have a crime problem, it's probably not as bad as it is here." Thea said.

"What makes you think that Ivy Town even has a crime problem?" Oliver asked.

"Honestly, I'm not sure if it does, but I won't know that until I get there." Thea said.

"You sure you want to do this?" Oliver asked her.

"Star City is my home Ollie and I love it and I love you and mom and the team. I just think that I'm ready to leave the nest. I know you won't leave Star City and you shouldn't, because this city would fall apart without you. But with Laurel, John, Rene, Roy and Dinah, you've got more than enough manpower here, plus Felicity running comms. You don't need me anymore Ollie." Thea said.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be down another teammate, since we both know that while Roy is loyal to me and the team, his loyalty to you comes first, as it should, since if he's gonna be your boyfriend, you should be his first priority." Oliver said.

"I'm not even sure if Lyla will let him." Thea said.

"Please, Lyla shouldn't have a problem since we both know she likes us way more than she does her job." Oliver said and Thea chuckled.

"True. But that doesn't mean that Roy will want to come along." Thea said.

"Thea, we both know that man would follow you to the ends of the earth and would jump off a bridge if you told him too." Oliver said.

"Very true. But are you sure you're okay with this?" Thea asked her brother.

"I'm gonna miss you, but it's not like you'll never come and visit and I can come visit you in Ivy Town whenever I need to. Besides, phones and the internet exist for a reason. It's not like we'll be completely absent from each other's lives." Oliver said.