Chapter 8

Before leaving Central City, Laurel decided that there was one thing she needed to do, whether she wanted to or not. She needed to have a talk with her mom, since it sounds like she was even worse in this reality than she was in the old one and the only reason she thought that is because at least in the old reality when she'd left, her father had still had Laurel with him to help him. This time however, she'd left him to grieve for both of his daughters on his own and she couldn't forgive that. Hell, the only reason she hadn't been pissed at Sara for running off with the Legends after she died in the old reality, since she knew that her mother likely wouldn't be there to offer support is because she knew that her father had Donna Smoak to comfort him, not to mention the Queens. That reminded her, she needed to talk to Felicity about potentially setting their parents up again in this reality, just to see if they were still compatible.

Anyways, since Oliver was talking to Barry and Cisco about the input she and Thea had given for their suits, since neither of them had ever had a Cisco made a suit for and they were kind of jealous, since they all knew that he did the best work. Though the guy who made Kara's Supergirl suit was also good, they didn't have his number. In fact, unlike everyone else on her team besides maybe Roy, Laurel had never even met Supergirl and she was still waiting for Oliver to introduce her.

Anyways, while Oliver and John were occupied with that, Laurel decided that she couldn't keep putting off having this conversation with her mom, since it was honestly overdue, since not only had she walked out on her dad when he needed his wife the most, but she hadn't even bothered to come back to Star City this time around when both of her daughters returned from the dead.

So, with that in mind, Laurel took a deep breath as she stood outside her mother's apartment before knocking on the door.

After a few minutes of waiting, the door opened to reveal her mother and namesake, Dinah Lance, was waiting for her.

"Laurel." Dinah said with a grin as she hugged her daughter.

"Hi mom." Laurel said, trying to keep her emotions in check.

"I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to come and see you or your sister yet, though she did visit me a little while back. I've just been so busy here for work." Dinah said.

"Yeah, for work. Being a professor is so much more important than seeing the daughters you thought were dead for 5 years. Nice to know where your priorities are mom." Laurel said angrily.

"No Laurel, it's not like that." Dinah said.

"Really, then what was it like huh? And also, how could you just abandon dad like that. He'd lost both of his daughters just like you did and yet, you ran. You promised that you'd be there for him in good times and in bad ones. Did you actually mean it when you said those vows?" Laurel said.

"Of course I did." Dinah said, a bit surprised at how upset Laurel was about this.

"Really, because you have a funny way of showing it. I mean you couldn't even be bothered to come to take some time off from work to see your daughters that came back from the dead. I'm sure the university would've understood your desire for time off. But you decided that your work was more important. Dad has a lot of faults, but he always puts his family first. Something that I'm glad I got from him." Laurel said, glaring at her mother intensely, since no matter how she thought about it, there really was no way to justify her mother's actions. In either reality honestly.

"Laurel please." Dinah said.

"I only came here so I could get your reasoning behind abandoning your family when it needed you the most, but honestly, there isn't any reason for it. At least no good reason for it. Honestly, you should go back to using your maiden name, since honestly, you're not a Lance anymore." Laurel said, despite still hearing her mother try to excuse her actions, but honestly, all they did was make Laurel angrier and honestly, she could feel herself needing to get outside before she did something she regretted, though she wasn't sure if that was her assassin side talking or not. All she knew was that something was building up inside her and she needed to get away before it was released, since while she may be angry at her mom, she didn't want to kill her. Not enough to actually do it anyways.