Chapter 19

"Hey, how was Central City?" Oliver asked Laurel when he heard the elevator door open from where he was making dinner in the kitchen.

"It was good. I even brought something back for you." Laurel said as she entered the kitchen and hoped that Oliver wouldn't kill her for this.

"Really, what is it?" Oliver asked.

"Turn around and find out." Laurel said and Oliver nodded as he stopped chopping vegetables and turned around, only to be stunned by who he saw standing next to Laurel.

"Hi dad." William said nervously to his father.

"William, Samantha, what are you two doing here?" Oliver asked as he realized what Laurel had done.

"Ollie, before you get mad at me, I know how much you missed William and it wasn't right of you to keep him and Samantha in the dark." Laurel said.

"I was trying to keep you both safe." Oliver said.

"I understand that Oliver, but we both know that as long as you know that William is your son, one of your enemies will no doubt find out about him and since that is going to happen, I'd like to know that you'll be able to help him. Just like you always did." Samantha said.

"William, I thought you wanted a normal life." Oliver asked him.

"I did. But I also never wanted you to leave it completely. It was grandma and grandpa who cut you out of my life and made me think that you didn't want me." William said.

"Of course I wanted to be a part of your life. I just thought that you didn't want me to be a part of it." Oliver said, since he can't exactly tell William that he met his future self. Especially when that version of William no longer existed.

"Samantha, you and I both agreed that the best way to keep William safe was to keep him out of my life. Out of this world." Oliver said.

"More like I forced you to make that choice and I was wrong. Oliver, William needs his father. Especially one who can set as good of an example for him as you." Samantha said.

"You mean a killer?" Oliver asked.

"No dad, you're a hero. One of the best." William said.

"Oliver, William and I are moving to Star City." Samantha said and Oliver sighed.

"Are you sure you want me in his life?" Oliver asked.

"If I didn't, I never would've asked you to take care of him before I died. He's your son just as much as he is mine and I think that I should support that. Especially, since every kid wants their dad to be a superhero and in William's case, it's actually true." Samantha said and Oliver relented.

"Okay then. You guys can stay here in the guest rooms until you find work and a place to stay." Oliver said.

"Thank you." Samantha said as she took William upstairs to get unpacked.

"You should've told me what you were really doing in Central City Laurel." Oliver told her.

"You never would have agreed to it and I'm not apologizing for it. Every kid needs their dad and I could tell how much you missed William. I know you thought you were protecting them, but honestly, all keeping your distance from William did was make it even harder for you to protect him and I could see how much you missed him." Laurel said.

"Of course I did. He's my son." Oliver said.

"And I know you were trying to keep him safe, but let's face it, ever since you found out about William, he's been involved in this world. The best way to keep him safe is to keep him close, so that if something happens, you can get to him quickly." Laurel said and Oliver sighed.